Home

Recruting QB's

This is a discussion on Recruting QB's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Recruting QB's

i think i saw one on a pocket passer but i not sure.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 15

I try to look for QB's that are at least 6'3 with good arms and decent speed.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #19
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

THP & THA are the key for me. I run spreed and will throw the ball 40+ time a game. Size is not huge for me. Some of the best QB's I have had were 6'0" or 6'1". I also like a moble QB but not a runner. Speed in the low-mid 70's is good. I never look at OVR but who has the best THP & THA. I have a 3* guy starting for me now because he is the best passer but 3rd in OVR.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #20
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I won't even look at you if you don't run a 4.7

@AdamdotH
Old 12-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #21
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I probably won't recruit anymore QB's without B speed. My current starter isn't bad, and can run a little (75 spd), but in the Oregon offense, I just can't quite run it correctly with him. It's become more pass oriented, also in part to the fact that my rb's aren't playing well - the top rated guy is a power guy with only 88 spd.

I'm probably going to do a Clemson dynasty though, and I'll probably be okay with slower rb's in that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

The first two things I look for are accuracy and arm strength, preferably a B at both.

I recruited a highly touted qb who is a- speed, a- btk, b+ agility but like b-/c+ accuracy and arm strength, the guy's gonna be a stud but because I throw about 75% of the time it it's going to take him 3 years to get on the field.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I honestly think B+ Throwing Power is the highest I've seen of all the recruits. I don't think I've seen an A- or up. Has anyone else?
I no longer see the Terrelle Pryor/Vince Young types in this edition anymore. All the scramblers seem to have relatively low throwing power. This was once a problem in early PS2 days but they fixed it for 2005/06 editions........ and I even saw some guys with good speed (82-84) and great throw power (94-96) in NCAA 08/09, but ever since they came up with this "freshman recruits should start out rated lower" nonsense, they seem to have taken this out for this edition, along with the well-rounded WRs (Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams types) that are tall and still have very good speed.

The majority of 5* QBs should pretty much either be......

• pocket passer with a cannon arm and good accuracy (96+ THP, 81-85 THA)
  • wicked scrambler with at least a solid arm (87+ SPD, 86+ THP)
  • good speed with very good arm (78-85 SPD, 90-92 THP)
  • adequate legs and either high throw power or high throw accuracy (68-74 SPD, either 91-95 THP or 86-90 THA)
Looking at the 5* QBs dating back to 2002, the majority of those QBs fit into one of the above 4 descriptions. Heck, even many of the 4* QBs fit into one of these descriptions

Hopefully they don't continue with the "freshman recruits should start out rated lower" nonsense, as it limits the types of players that are generated and it has made recruiting QBs (and several other position) much less interesting than in years past.............

If they sprinkle in those types of generated QBs and combine that with a meaningful potential rating that can tag some players as busts, that can ensure that some 5* QBs can end up like Kyle Wright or Kodi Burns and we won't have to worry about overinflation of too many good QBs.

In addition, it would be consistent with how they rate the players out-of-the-box. Even if they do keep the freshman recruits should be rated lower deal, the generated recruits should be on the same general scale as the young freshmen in the default rosters.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Last edited by PlayaHataSupreme; 12-07-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

I recruit QB's that are a mixture of Scrambler and Pocket Passer. Decent speed with very good arm strength and accuracy. I like a taller QB for my Pro-Style attack so I go for the 6'2 and up guys but if he's a stud I'll occasionally go for 6'0 to 6'1.

Guys in the mold of Elway (usually 5* due to arm strength), Young and Moon is what I'm looking for.

Last edited by starsuper10; 12-10-2009 at 02:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »