Home

I need SERIOUS help playing online...

This is a discussion on I need SERIOUS help playing online... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

OVR: 4
Arrow I need SERIOUS help playing online...

Alright here is the deal,
I have been playing NCAA Football since it was out on the dreamcast and have been in love with it for years. I have played dynasty after dynasty. It's not uncommon for me to play between 150-200 games per year and this year's game really has me hooked. I focus a great deal on getting better at the game and have a good rivalry going with one of my close friends who also loves the game....

But despite the hundreds of games I have played in the last four years, I have RARELY gone online to play unless it was with someone I already knew. I was never very interested in honestly but I have been trying to get into it recently....

So with all of that said, I am here seeking help. While I feel like I am a very solid NCAA football gamer, I simply struggle online. The style of play is largely unrealistic and a lot of players run ridiculous formations play after play.

I need advice and this community is the best. So what can I do to be better?

So far, my biggest problems have been:

1. Being able to stop screen passes, especially those that occur when players scramble out of the pocket deep into the backfield drawing all of my defenders.

2. Stopping slant routes. Slant routes are difficult to guard against when the computer plays as well but I have found that even tight ends are getting to the ball quicker than my defenders. I have tried everything to stop this including putting 8 DB's in the backfield on third downs.

3. Offensively I am solid but my point production is down. Against the computer, I get between 20 and 30 points per game on average but online, I am between 14 and 20. The main reason for this is blitzing....some people blitz me on every single play.

4. Some players will go into 5 receive sets and then run with their QB right up the middle for 4-7 yard gains and they are not even using a scrambling quarterback! I have tried a qb spy but often times they get picked up by one of the offensive lineman because I am only rushing three on the quarters defense to match the five receive sets.

Ok, so here's the deal, tell me what I can do to improve. And don't be afraid to go beyond the points I listed here. I really want to branch out into online play but I am getting extremely frustrated. I need some serious help on these issues. Also, any suggestions for good teams to use online/good teams to avoid playing against online would be great as well. Thanks everyone!

TEAMS:
Baseball: Red Sox
Basketball: Celtics, Duke, U Richmond
Football: Duke, U Richmond (FCS)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: I need SERIOUS help playing online...

if you know football and know the EA series, you should be coming up with alot of your own ideas by now. or dont play the extreme idiots
Old 12-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

As I stated before, I tried a lot of different things. And of course I know the EA series but it doesn't even compare...the game is completely different online because people do not play it the way real football is played...and by the way, how am I supposed to know if people are idiots are not before joining the game?

TEAMS:
Old 12-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinc1019
As I stated before, I tried a lot of different things. And of course I know the EA series but it doesn't even compare...the game is completely different online because people do not play it the way real football is played...and by the way, how am I supposed to know if people are idiots are not before joining the game?

if they pick a top 5 team- if they pick a speed team- or speedy QB team- odds are they dumb cheeser children.

blitz your cornerbacks

throw quick slants to avoid heavy rush

hot route your DE's to the side lines

of course, if they excessivly use that stupid run committ- pass on them
Old 12-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

Good stuff....any suggestions for teams to be online?

TEAMS:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinc1019
Good stuff....any suggestions for teams to be online?

i'm a Penn State fan in real life. I use them because they are seemingly strong and no one will avoid playing me because its not like using Florida-Florida State- ohio State etc.

i'm not an option freak. i run- I pass

granted i love the Florida State history and would use them if I didnt think guys would avoid playing me
Old 12-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

Penn State is a great team...I love Notre Dame but I don't think I can play with them online given their horrible defense.

TEAMS:
Old 12-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

If you have it on PS3 and a mic I'll show you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »