Home

Is this game too offensive minded?

This is a discussion on Is this game too offensive minded? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 7
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ depending on the season.
Re: Is this game too offensive minded?

Part of the problem also seems to be the default rosters. If you play on default sliders with the current teams, the QB's are too accurate and the DB's are terrible.

However, if you get to the point in a dynasty where all the players are generated, it seems to improve.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:10 AM   #10
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
This may be a touch off topic but isn't football in general too offensive minded nowadays? Look at rule changes over the past decade in college and NFL? Majority are restricting defenses ability to stop passing and offenses. Why have these rules changed well it is my opinion that it sells TV time because americans love scoring. Much the same reason soccer has never really taken off in the states.

Getting off my soapbox a bit I would wager that EA sports is more concerned with making sure offense is fun to play and exciting to sell copies of the game then gamers getting frustrated by iron curtain defenses.

My two cents
Swerve, could not have said it any better! You make some valid points. I think they really wanted the NCAA game to be more an offensive style game.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
This may be a touch off topic but isn't football in general too offensive minded nowadays? Look at rule changes over the past decade in college and NFL? Majority are restricting defenses ability to stop passing and offenses. Why have these rules changed well it is my opinion that it sells TV time because americans love scoring. Much the same reason soccer has never really taken off in the states.

Getting off my soapbox a bit I would wager that EA sports is more concerned with making sure offense is fun to play and exciting to sell copies of the game then gamers getting frustrated by iron curtain defenses.

My two cents
I think you are on the right track.

I think its more a product of the fact that it is easier to find fast, skilled offensive players.

All kids want to play offense, and score.

Developing a great defensive player in college requires a good eye for scouting, and a lot of coaching, development and discipline, once you get him.

Take a look at Florida's Joe Haden.

In High School Joe Haden was a dominant, spread-option QB, but he was far too small.

He's recuited to play corner by Florida because the coaching staff saw something in him that they believed could translate to defense.

He's now probably the best pro prospect CB in the country.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

College football is an offensive minded sport. A defensive struggle like Texas-Nebraska is rare. Even in BCS bowl games against good defensive teams, the winner usually scores in the 20s, 30s or 40s. You have to go back to 2004 to find a single BCS Bowl game that was won by a score of less than 20 points (Auburn beat VT in the Sugar Bowl 16-13).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »