Home

Virginia Tech Vs Tennessee

This is a discussion on Virginia Tech Vs Tennessee within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
Rookie

scoota500's Arena

OVR: 5
Virginia Tech Vs Tennessee

I need to know, who do you guys got in this bowl? Do you guys think Berry and McCoy can stop Ryan Williams? Just wanted some opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 02:19 AM   #2
Pro

thequick135's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Virginia Tech Vs Tennessee

i heard some tennessee players out on defense, forgot the names but i read that somewhere
vt for thewin
Old 12-17-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tennessee.html
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 12-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Banned

utvol0427's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll give you my view of the game, as unbiased as possible.

The rumors swirling right now is that McCoy, our best LB, and Rogan, our best CB, are going to miss the game due to academics. Also, there may be a couple of more players that won't play for the same reason, but they haven't been named. If McCoy is out, that will kill us since we are very thin at LB due to injuries.

Assuming we don't have any suspensions on the offensive side of the ball, I think we should be able to move the ball against there defense. Crompton's play the second half of the season has been unreal and Hardesty is the best back we have had here since Jamal Lewis/Travis Henry. Our WR corp is decent, but lacks a real game breaker. Stocker has developed into one of the best pass catching TE in the SEC. Our O-Line is a patchwork including two walk-ons and a rFR coverted from TE. They have been serviceable all year.

Defensively, we are thin at every position it seems. At DE, we have Walker on one side that was amazing in the spring and fall, but has been limited with a nagging back injury for most of the season. On the other side, we have Martin/Williams, both who have failed to juve up to their potential, but Martin seems to be coming on as of late. At LB, we will have a 3rd string FR starting in the middle and Thompson starting on the outside, wgo should finally be healthy. If McCoy isn't suspended, he will be the third LB, if he is out I'm not sure who they start in his place. At CB, the two spots will be filled by a combination of Rogan, Evans, Anderson, and Vinson. Jackson will be holding down the FS position and Berry will be the SS. For most of the season, Berry has been playing in the box for run support, and I think it will be the same for this game.

Our ST play is atrocious. We have a guy kicking FGs that wasn't even on the team a month ago. We can't cover kicks and punts and we have had 3 fgs blocked this year. This could very well be the difference in the game.

If the suspension rumors are true, and I think they are, I see VT winning by around 7-10 with it being a close game throughout.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »