Home

XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

This is a discussion on XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

On Xbox, I think I rate 04 and 07 as the highest. 06 is really good, too, but the ease of the deep ball was a near game-killer for me. I often found a 50-yard bomb had a higher chance of being completed than a five-yard our route, and if a receiver on a fly route was single covered, you might as well just put the touchdown on the board before you even throw the pass.

07 suffers from the momentum meter, impact players, WWE-style big hits, and jump the snap, but aside from that the gameplay is pretty on point and the passing game may be the best on that generation of consoles.

However, 04 is also really good and doesn’t have some of the quirks/gimmicks of later games. Not having rotating conference schedules is pretty annoying, though.

05 had some slowdown issues on the Xbox, unfortunately. It also occurred midway through the conference realignments of the mid-2000s, so the Big East and ACC are in a unique state (Boston College and Temple are still in the Big East, and Cincinnati/Louisville/South Florida are in C-USA, Marshall is in the MAC, etc.). 04 occurs before these realignments and 06/07 have the “finalized” versions of these conferences.

06 has an awesome soundtrack, IMO, though I know it wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Last edited by superjames1992; 12-30-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
On Xbox, I think I rate 04 and 07 as the highest. 06 is really good, too, but the ease of the deep ball was a near game-killer for me. I often found a 50-yard bomb had a higher chance of being completed than a five-yard our route, and if a receiver on a fly route was single covered, you might as well just put the touchdown on the board before you even throw the pass.

07 suffers from the momentum meter, impact players, WWE-style big hits, and jump the snap, but aside from that the gameplay is pretty on point and the passing game may be the best on that generation of consoles.

However, 04 is also really good and doesn’t have some of the quirks/gimmicks of later games. Not having rotating conference schedules is pretty annoying, though.

05 had some slowdown issues on the Xbox, unfortunately. It also occurred midway through the conference realignments of the mid-2000s, so the Big East and ACC are in a unique state (Boston College and Temple are still in the Big East, and Cincinnati/Louisville/South Florida are in C-USA, Marshall is in the MAC, etc.). 04 occurs before these realignments and 06/07 have the “finalized” versions of these conferences.

06 has an awesome soundtrack, IMO, though I know it wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
07 had much potential. Playing it today The camera on kick offs and put returns is awful. Too many slow down times. The sound quality is definitely way lower than 06. FCS rosters are the same. I like the spring game in it but it just feels like less effort was put into the game. 06 definitely feels like the culmination of 100% and although we can say the deep ball and some other glitches etc . The computer is just as random ND it makes it so much funner in my opinion.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #43
Rookie

I like 07 the most. The added tweaks on 06 were good in my opinion. Unfortunately, my XBox broke, and I'm currently playing the PS2 version. Is there a roster save for the PS2 that gives me the updated names here? I looked nearly everywhere on the forums, and I can't find any. I hope I'm just blind.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

PS2 has easy deep balls on 06 also. I just use house rule workarounds. I had to turn up the human catch slider because far too many short to intermediate routes were dropped and any contact from a DB was almost always a drop.

I limit myself on deep balls to the outside receivers. Deep balls over the middle are usually 50/50 depending on the coverage and result in quite a few defended passes or Ints so I don't feel like that can be cheesed. I will only throw outside go routes inside the 25 to the back of the end zone or off play action if the situation feels like it has been set up. I don't run any kind of 4 verts and don't allow myself to throw go routes multiple times in the same possession.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #45
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I’m playing the crap out of NCAA 06 and just ordered NCAA 11 for. PS2. I feel EA football hit it’s peak on PS2 and started its decline on PS3/360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I’m playing the crap out of NCAA 06 and just ordered NCAA 11 for. PS2. I feel EA football hit it’s peak on PS2 and started its decline on PS3/360.
Right on , 06 is just too random and fun to play.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #47
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjetw
Right on , 06 is just too random and fun to play.
You nailed it with the randomness of NCAA 06. When I play Madden 19 I see way too many of the same scenarios and outcomes of each game. Madden 19 is so predictable I had to put it down.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #48
Rookie

iverson3's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
You nailed it with the randomness of NCAA 06. When I play Madden 19 I see way too many of the same scenarios and outcomes of each game. Madden 19 is so predictable I had to put it down.

what kind of TV do you play your PS2 on? Just played Madden 05 on component cables and it was hard to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »