Home

XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

This is a discussion on XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2019, 03:34 PM   #49
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson3
what kind of TV do you play your PS2 on? Just played Madden 05 on component cables and it was hard to play.

I have my PS2 connected to my old 42” 720p tv with component cables. looks good. But when I had it hooked to my 65” 4k TV it looked a mess.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:11 PM   #50
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Some things I've discovered

Conferences with two divisions don't rotate schedules: 2002-2004

Crowds are always full at the start of games no matter the record: 2007-2011

FCS teams all have d-lineman helmets: Sometime after 2008.

Glitchy uniforms: 2011

Kick Return Cam: I know it appears in 07, but you can turn it off later, just not in 07. Not sure the first game you can disable it in.

Medical Redshirts: 2008-2011

New stadiums: Miami, UCF, and the Fiesta Bowl is in Glendale 2009-2011

New stadium: Stanford 2010-2011

Notable new teams/alignments:

2004 - a ton of new 1-AA teams
2005 - Miami and Virginia Tech in the ACC. BC and Temple still in Big East. Army, Cincinnati, Louisville, USF in C-USA. FAU and FIU are independents
2006 - Temple is an independent until 2008. Army becomes indy. UC, Louisville, and USF to Big East.
2008 - Temple to the MAC.
2009 - WKU is an independent until 2010 then in Sun Belt. WKU never gets their actual stadium included.

* I'm not sure which game it starts at, but the National Championship just rotates the same damn logo of the Orange Bowl or Rose Bowl no matter where it is played. It is later on I believe.

Last edited by esayem; 01-24-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:38 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know many folks are recommending NCAA Football 06. However, having owned and played all the versions of NCAA Football on the PS2 for years, I believe the best version is NCAA Football 09. NCAA Football 09 had all the new features that were added to the game (spring game, medical redshirts, player promises, etc.), expanded playbooks, and the ability to challenge plays (not available in NCAA Football 06). NCAA Football 07 had the overdone momentum meter. If you fall behind on the road, you’re not going to recover. NCAA Football 07 is also missing medical redshirts and player promises. NCAA Football 08 seemed to have a problem with defensive backs taking bad pursuit angles. NCAA Football 10 had a problem with too many penalties that couldn’t be fixed. Any time the QB rolls out of the pocket you are going to get called for holding. Even with penalty sliders set to zero. NCAA Football 11 had the uniform glitches. Both NCAA Football 10 and 11 added nothing that wasn’t already included in NCAA Football 09. EA just changed the graphics on the menu screens.

On a side note, I figured out that it is possible to convert dynasties, profiles, rosters, and settings files from one version of NCAA Football (NCAA Football 06 through 11) to another using the below instructions from Antdroid. This is great if you decide that you want to move your dynasty from one version of the game to another. I have converted an NCAA Football 11 dynasty to 09 as well as a dynasty started in 10 to 11.

Converting NCAA Football dynasties, profiles, rosters, and settings files to another version of the game:

Get PS2 Save Builder. Open up your NCAA Football game, and save your roster. Use your favorite memory card management tool and extract the roster file to your computer. Open PS2 Save Builder and open one of your max files. Right click, and export the save file to your computer. Now, rename this file to the SAME name as the roster file you created earlier. Using PS2 Save Builder, if you're using max, psu, etc., open the save and overwrite with the one you just renamed. Save, and reimport to memory card!! Alternatively, if you're using uLaunchElf, you can just overwrite the renamed save over the one created from your new game. It should load fine now! This should work on NCAA 06 onward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2019, 09:32 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 9

At what point I'd you do the conversion? Right at the end of the season, before the off-season? I was testing around and did it during the off-season and it was glitchy. But had a random idea from Antroid, and decided to try it out.

Thanks for the info on 09. I've been thinking about moving from 06 do to things like challenges and what not.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #53
Rookie

I have always performed the conversion of files from one NCAA Football version to another at the beginning of the preseason.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:19 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjetw
07 had much potential. Playing it today The camera on kick offs and put returns is awful. Too many slow down times. The sound quality is definitely way lower than 06. FCS rosters are the same. I like the spring game in it but it just feels like less effort was put into the game. 06 definitely feels like the culmination of 100% and although we can say the deep ball and some other glitches etc . The computer is just as random ND it makes it so much funner in my opinion.
Started xbox

04 got me hooked. The passing was just so perfect

05 the running game was broken but this was the best sim. Realistic tackles, I hated the big hit fest when they added the hit stick. Fcs linebackers on heisman knocking the helmet off my 97 rb, picking up the fumble and taking it to the house.

06 was the best of both worlds. They fixed running game from 05. no jump the snap. Games were hard.

07 jump the snap ruined it for me and the return camera

08 I no joke blocked 3 field goals and xps every game. Also as already mentioned the dbs took awful angles. A team might get an 80 yard run every two weeks. I got them every half even on heisman just because I would run to the long side with wrs on short side and outrun the strong safety who took an awful angle

I switched to ps2 for 2011. Huge holding glitch.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:55 PM   #55
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom3
I know many folks are recommending NCAA Football 06. However, having owned and played all the versions of NCAA Football on the PS2 for years, I believe the best version is NCAA Football 09. NCAA Football 09 had all the new features that were added to the game (spring game, medical redshirts, player promises, etc.), expanded playbooks, and the ability to challenge plays (not available in NCAA Football 06). NCAA Football 07 had the overdone momentum meter. If you fall behind on the road, you’re not going to recover. NCAA Football 07 is also missing medical redshirts and player promises. NCAA Football 08 seemed to have a problem with defensive backs taking bad pursuit angles. NCAA Football 10 had a problem with too many penalties that couldn’t be fixed. Any time the QB rolls out of the pocket you are going to get called for holding. Even with penalty sliders set to zero. NCAA Football 11 had the uniform glitches. Both NCAA Football 10 and 11 added nothing that wasn’t already included in NCAA Football 09. EA just changed the graphics on the menu screens.
The only issue I've come across with 09 is the clock doesn't stop when you run out of bounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 05:36 PM   #56
Rookie

I am experiencing the same issue with the clock not stopping when a player runs out of bounds in NCAA Football 09. This is definitely a bug and I'm not sure there is a fix. In my opinion NCAA 09 is still the better version of the game even over NCAA 06 due to the added features. The next best version of the game would be NCAA 07 if the momentum meter wasn't over done. In my experience you can't win on the road if you fall behind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »