Home

XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

This is a discussion on XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2019, 03:33 AM   #57
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: XBOX: NCAA 06, NCAA 07, NCAA 08 Which One do you favor?

06 would be the best football game ever made if there were an option to put the game speed to slow. It's unrealistically fast, like arcade spaz fast. But damn it's a great game all around. I wish we could combine 03 game speed and run blocking with 06.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 13

I've tried to go back to every one of these games, but I just can't get back into the feel on the field. Players control like they're sliding around on ice or something.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #59
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I've tried to go back to every one of these games, but I just can't get back into the feel on the field. Players control like they're sliding around on ice or something.
That's really odd to hear. The ps2 games control so well, I'm in total control of every cut and lean and change of direction. I wish they'd just port over a Madden or NCAA to ps4 with the same gameplay but a slight graphics upgrade and I'd be a happy camper.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:07 AM   #60
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Maybe I am doing something wrong with my settings, but besides 2004 I dont believe autosubs and fatigue work correctly in any of the NCAA games going forward. It sucks because 06 would be perfect if players subbed.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 03-03-2019 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:02 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Maybe I am doing something wrong with my settings, but besides 2004 I dont believe autosubs and fatigue work correctly in any of the NCAA games going forward. It sucks because 06 would be perfect if players subbed.
Yeah this is one of my pet peeves. But I've found fun playing around with formation subs. But it sucks that the opposing teams don't have that advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2019, 09:41 AM   #62
Rookie

I'm a big fan of NCAA 2007 for the regular Xbox. Never played it on next gen, but I assume it's fairly buggy being the first release on a new console.

I went from NCAA 14 to playing 2007 and I feel like I'm in more control of players and I can feel the physicality. NCAA 14 has its good qualities though for sure, I think it's the best version of the game since it went to PS4/360.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Yeah this is one of my pet peeves. But I've found fun playing around with formation subs. But it sucks that the opposing teams don't have that advantage.
I use the formation subs and run different defensive packages on the field when I feel there should be more fatigue. My usual base defense is the 4-2-5 so I'll use different combos of DL and LB in the 4-3 and Nickel packages to get them on the field if I feel the guys on the base unit should get a breather. As a side, the formation subs work well to put some 2nd team guys on the field without having to do the mass subs.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
You can switch teams, in game, and make formation subs for the CPU that will last for the entire game (or until you change them). These will automatically reset after the game is over and won't affect their next CPU vs CPU simulated game.

Side tip on switching teams: by entering and exiting super-sim, without doing anything, you can bypass having to run a play before the USER actually switches teams.

NOTE: This is all on '14. Forgot this thread was concerning older games, not sure if it would apply to them, or not.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 03-04-2019 at 03:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »