Home

Importing Draft Classes To Madden

This is a discussion on Importing Draft Classes To Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Importing Draft Classes To Madden

Seriously, this is a joke right? I simmed a few years on dynasty and imported the draft classes to Madden. First draft Eric Berry was a 54 overall, the highest rated player was Ndamukong Suh at 78.

Is there any way to get decent ratings on Madden 10 for these prospects?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Importing Draft Classes To Madden

You have to tinker with them. When I had the games, I was able to get some fantastic draft results such as having Eric Berry, Jahvid Best, Suh, etc. all going in the 1st round. Took me a few weeks of adjusting players heights, weights, and attributes to get them the way I wanted to. I knew I had it right when I had seen players like Dan LeFevour, Emmanuel Sanders, and Tim Hiller all go between the 3rd-6th rounds. Takes time man.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
You have to tinker with them. When I had the games, I was able to get some fantastic draft results such as having Eric Berry, Jahvid Best, Suh, etc. all going in the 1st round. Took me a few weeks of adjusting players heights, weights, and attributes to get them the way I wanted to. I knew I had it right when I had seen players like Dan LeFevour, Emmanuel Sanders, and Tim Hiller all go between the 3rd-6th rounds. Takes time man.
So to make guys import as a higher rank you raise height/weight and to make players go down you lower the height/weight? How much to you have to increase or decrease each thing to get accurate drafts?

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 12-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
So to make guys import as a higher rank you raise height/weight and to make players go down you lower the height/weight? How much to you have to increase or decrease each thing to get accurate drafts?
Yeah, what did you do to get decent ratings. I mean we're talking about first rounders that aren't even worth drafting.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

I know it may be somewhat unrealistic, but you have to adjust a players' height and weight to make them a bit more "prototypical" to their respected postion. Madden seems to take height and weight into consideration before a player's ratings (wierd I know). For example, I jacked up Eric Berry's awareness as well as upped his height to 6'1 and his weight to 233 I believe (dont remember too much about his weight). This made him go in the first round. For QBs, if you want them to go in the 1st round (i.e. Matt Barkley in the future), you have to adjust their height and weight to make him the "prototypical" QB (6'3-6'4).

Another example is Todd Reesing. He was a 92 OVR, but with his 5'10 190 ibs, he wasn't even drafted. Take a look at Colt McCoy. In Madden, he either goes in the 7th or goes undrafted. Give him about 2 inches in height, about 10 ibs of weight, and watch him jump into the top 2 rounds. I dont know why Madden does this, but its been like this for years. I should have uploaded for you guys when I had the games.

Last edited by hitstreak13; 12-24-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »