Home

This game is just bad....as in bad

This is a discussion on This game is just bad....as in bad within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #65
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: This game is just bad....as in bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I think that's the EXACT reasoning that the momentum meter has stayed in my precious PS2 version all these years.
Ugh, that momentum meter is so jacked up its ridiculous. Basically if you're playing a good team and they get momentum it's game over right there. And the way it swings early in the game is just absurd. And it punishes you for taking chances. So if I have 4th and 1 from the opponents 35 yard line, it's a silly place to punt. I have a good kicker who might be able to make a FG and I have a good running back who might be able to get a 1st down, but if I miss either they will get a huge momentum swing. The momentum swings always seem to favor the computer so they will get a bigger boost for big plays/stops than I get for the same big plays/stops. And when the CPU gets momemntum their defense often becomes superhuman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #66
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Yes, you are correct, sir. And on top of that, all those momentum swings basically make it impossible to get a good working set of sliders, of which I'm a constant tweaker. It's annoying and frustrating. If they for some reason take it out of the PS2 version this year (pipe dream), I'll buy it without even hesitating.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 01-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Right behind you, man. I dont see how anyone can get on here and praise these games. If they do, they obviously never really played them back on PS2. If they had, they'd see right off the bat how lacking they are, now.

The graphics are nice, sure, but what else? Heck even NCAA 04 had online play. Outside of graphics(which actually arent even that great) I cant name one thing better about next-gen NCAA than , or one area they excel in
Me too. I'm 35, and I've been playing video football religiously since Madden debuted on the Genesis. Football is really the only game I play on any console. It seems like "Next-Gen" just got here, yet, EA has already put out 4 NCAA titles, and, as you all have said, we're no better for it. Outside of graphics getting better, which even EA can't screw up, nothing has improved. I too, expected to be blown away on Next-Gen. Man, what a major disappointment the past four years have been. Disappointed. That's the best word I can use. Just disappointed.

I have an XBOX and a copy of 07 still stuffed in my basement. I hate looking at them because they are a reminder of better times. I want to pitch them both and move on, but I can't.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #68
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Its almost like they dont want to remember making those games on ps2 and xbox.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #69
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

Features that are in old gen NCAA
1. Summer Drills for players
2. Spring Game
3. Formation Subs
4. Disipline for players
5. FCS Teams
6. Fans and Fans with signs
7. Assign Numbers Jersey Numbers (goes with promises during in-season recruitment)
8. Better Running Animations
9. Pre game with corso and herbstreit making their picks.
10. ESPN mag every week with pictures of the teams being talked about.
11. custom playbooks
12. Teams running on to the field.

This is a list of features that are in NCAA 09 for the ps2.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
Features that are in old gen NCAA
1. Summer Drills for players
2. Spring Game
3. Formation Subs
4. Disipline for players
5. FCS Teams
6. Fans and Fans with signs
7. Assign Numbers Jersey Numbers (goes with promises during in-season recruitment)
8. Better Running Animations
9. Pre game with corso and herbstreit making their picks.
10. ESPN mag every week with pictures of the teams being talked about.
11. custom playbooks
12. Teams running on to the field.

This is a list of features that are in NCAA 09 for the ps2.
All of this comes for the PS2 and not for the PS3? What gives here? I was loving this game, but now I feel like someone stole my lollipop.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #71
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
All of this comes for the PS2 and not for the PS3? What gives here? I was loving this game, but now I feel like someone stole my lollipop.
Yea and I am missing some I think. This list is off the top of my head. This is what I have been saying since next gen. They should have ported over last gen football when the new systems came out, worked on the visuals and continued to build on the game. EA and Tiburon always do things stupid. I don't know if it more EA or Tiburon. I would like to see another dev team work on NCAA because the people responsible for this game have not shown too much so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 12:12 AM   #72
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Sadly, 2k will probably be long gone by the time they would have been able to make another NFL or NCAA game. 2k5 remains my favorite football game of all time (and how pathetic is that five years later).

The Contract with the NCAA ends this year. 2010 2k will still be around
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »