Home

NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

This is a discussion on NCAA Staff...how much pressure? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?
Brian Kelly at ND Pressure 56 54.37%
Some pressure but can still breathe easy 23 22.33%
No Pressure 24 23.30%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
i'm just pissed that the last gen versions are light years ahead next gen
Which is just mind bloggling when you think how much more potential this system has over the last gen. It's like "What are they doing not trying?". Im no game designer but with the progress being made in sports gaming why is it NCAA football is so far behind.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:16 AM   #18
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd say there's some pressure on the team this year. They are on the verge of losing customers like me ... someone who is a huge college football fan and has bought every NCAA football game since 2000. Once you start losing those people, you're in trouble.

I'm hoping for the best this year, and my optimism has grown ever since I saw the potential additions survey on pastapadre.com; however, unless the locomotion phyiscs are greatly improved, the blocking AI is improved, and the overall gameplay is improved, I won't be buying NCAA 11.

Last edited by Pokes404; 01-08-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #19
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

As has been said, no competition AND there is a vast majority of people will buy it regardless as long as it is passable to the average consumers(or his/her Mom).

Until a competitor arrives on the scene OR enough people prepare to NOT buy for a season or two, nothing will change. After buying everything up to 06 I took a break for a couple of seasons and was repaid by NCAA 2009

SOOOO, I am waiting another few years OR at least until the masses here agree its worth the buy...no more Midnight purchases for me anyway!
Old 01-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #20
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

They should take a cue from Ian. Whether you like Madden 10 or not, you have to admit the guy put his neck on the line. He put forth the effort into interacting with the gaming community and was working on the game around the clock.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #21
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
As has been said, no competition AND there is a vast majority of people will buy it regardless as long as it is passable to the average consumers(or his/her Mom).

Until a competitor arrives on the scene OR enough people prepare to NOT buy for a season or two, nothing will change. After buying everything up to 06 I took a break for a couple of seasons and was repaid by NCAA 2009

SOOOO, I am waiting another few years OR at least until the masses here agree its worth the buy...no more Midnight purchases for me anyway!
Ok your whole reasoning is flawed. NCAA has not had real competition since PS1 days. NCAA hit its stride in about 2005, it was well received, it had no competition, and it sold a ton of copies.

Madden 06-09 were not well received and did not sell well and people were fired. NCAA 07-10 were not well received and are not selling very good. Perhaps you can connect the dots.

If NCAA 11 does not get good reviews and sell well, I guarantee you people will get fired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
Rookie

wenning22's Arena

OVR: 6

There has to be some pressure put on these guys. I mean look at Madden coming out with a new game and probably the best game they have had in a long while. NCAA basketball 10 is unreal with their linking espn and CBS and just making look like a real game along with better game. They need to make this game a better game with play and pregame. Especially take out the band crap that is useless.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #23
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Ok your whole reasoning is flawed. NCAA has not had real competition since PS1 days. NCAA hit its stride in about 2005, it was well received, it had no competition, and it sold a ton of copies.

Madden 06-09 were not well received and did not sell well and people were fired. NCAA 07-10 were not well received and are not selling very good. Perhaps you can connect the dots.

If NCAA 11 does not get good reviews and sell well, I guarantee you people will get fired.
It may not have been well received by the few hundred people that frequent this NCAA board but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Here's a few random scores i found with a quick search:
Team XBox 9.3
IGN 8.3
Gamespot 8.0
1Up.com B
GameTrailers 8.0
Endsights.com 8/10
NCAA07 was one of the best selling games of the NCAA series AND won an IGN award for best sports game. Meanwhile NCAA09 introduced online dynasty which very well received.

Last edited by prowler; 01-09-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #24
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

What really ticks me off, is that I dont recall the NCAA Basketball devs getting on boards and asking if they should improve presentation! They just friggin did it because it should be in the game, especially if you have access to the ESPN every year.

Why ask for something that you already know the answer to? To me it just sounds like they're just trying to create a talking point on their NCAA blog, "You asked for presentation, we added it!"

What really ticks me off is them asking for stuff like "improved Bowl presentation, and team entrances." Oh wait, you mean the STANDARD stuff we had on PS2 8 years ago?????

In the words of Ochocinco, "Child Please" smh

Last edited by stoncold32; 01-09-2010 at 07:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »