Home

New Creative Director for EA Football

This is a discussion on New Creative Director for EA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: New Creative Director for EA Football

EA is gnna have to learn the hard way, and they will if they dont right the ship.

Because they are ticking off alot of the loyal longtime customers. I feel I've wasted $200 bucks on this series alone, for next-gen. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this. I'm not buying next year, unless theres dramatic change.

Even Madden, as good as it is this year, is feeling the effect of too many years of staleness and now I believe thats why the sales are not too great. And with the econmy, people are skeptical to run out and buy games, no longer believe the hype. However, some series, like GTA IV don't suffer this problem....because people know they bring quality every time.

EA can rely on the new crop of casual gamers they seem to be running towards. But those people are fickle. You piss off your core crowd, and you have nothing.

Last edited by stoncold32; 01-12-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #10
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New Creative Director for EA Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambelgra
Well, he's screwed either way. On one side, the game will continue to look like....well this for the next 2 years. Or it'll become 7-on-7 with Tim Tebow doing Christ Flips into the endzone. My stomach churns.

And that quote up there, about the "earnings per share", is that true? Cuz if it is, it makes me sick to my stomach.

EDIT: Looked it up, it is true. Unfortunately, shareholders don't play games, so you have the E-Trade generation telling us what good gaming is. Ugh.
Yea it is true, I have more somewhere saved in my cpu. I took most of them down bc of the dev's coming here. That quote is exactly why Madden and NCAA is in the position they are in. I do not care what business you are in if you let your quality drop off you will run into trouble. Letting some people who buy your shares control your product and its quality is not a good business decision. Many people have mentioned the short development cycle that madden and Ncaa have as being the reason for their troubles, but they need to build on a development, year after year but tiburon has failed to do that. Until EA hands over the responsibility of their football titles to someone else they will continue to release sub par games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »