Home

NCAA 2003

This is a discussion on NCAA 2003 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
NCAA 2003

Are conference invites in this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA 2003

I am 95% sure that they are not.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Banned

I couldn't remember if they were or not. Thanks for the reply. This game is awesome. The running lanes are beautiful, more open than '04-07. I have 2002 as well, I'm gonna pop that in for a game soon.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, 2003 was one of my favorites. 2004 gets most of the publicity, but I thought that was just a nice upgrade of '03 that was the real ground breaker.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah, '03 is an awesome game. After playing more recent versions, though, I would think it would not be as fun to go back do a dynasty mode on that version because I like so many of the new recruiting features on the following versions. Thats almost a game by itself. The recruiting on '03 is good if you like it to be scaled down...easier IMO.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
This game is awesome. The running lanes are beautiful, more open than '04-07. I have 2002 as well, I'm gonna pop that in for a game soon.
Agreed. 2003 was a very, very good game. Very smooth. It was a bit linear though compared to 2004, 2005, and 06 such that it was harder to make dynamic moves running the ball, and things were a bit scripted, at least on heisman. So you kinda had to think ahead a few seconds.

Still, it was a great simulation of football and definitely provided some realistic stats on the higher difficulties.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
Banned

silentrob's Arena

OVR: 1

It was my favorite of the regular xbox versions by far. Mostly because you could get pretty realistic stats out of the gameplay and the gameplay itself was good, too. A few things you could take advantage of if you knew how, but those things haven't exactly disappeared from the more recent versions either, just different things each year. 2004 was ok but the playcalling was too automatic based on how the defense lined up. Recruiting was simpler, yes, but if you are mostly in to playing the games, that might or might not be a bad thing. The later versions had more bells and whistles, but the game didn't play any better, I thought it was worse in a lot of ways because it got more and more like an arcade game as time went by.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
Banned

I like this one better than '04 because the running lanes are so sweet. It's kind of like NFL2k5 (almost, don't get crazy now) with the way the lanes open up and you can navigate through a pile of bodies. With '04-'07 it's hard to find room with iso's and dives. Once you get in with the interior linemen you start running in place because you're stuck on your guard's booty. '03 lets you navigate and bounce off of the linemen blocking in front of you. It's really sweet. The gameplay is A LOT slower too which is nice. I'll be firing this up this weekend to start a new Dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »