Home

Recruiting Thread

This is a discussion on Recruiting Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Recruiting Thread

I usually play with D, D- FCS teams on TeamBuilder. I load my entire board at the beginning with everyone 2* and up that has me in their top 10. Then I get everyone else who has zero scholarship offers when I list by interest, 3* and up. I offer a scholarship to everyone first week to ensure the ones interested already get me to the top of their lists and I break into the 3* and up guys lists. Everyone interested gets time. 2 stars 10 min, 3 stars 20 min, 4 stars 30 min, 5 stars 40 min on quick call to get recruiting done faster (and it works, too.) I manually call them when ready for a visit. If I drop down on someone's list, they get more time than the usual.
By doing this, I take a D- team with D up to C program ratings and give them a #30 recruiting class by picking up a bunch of 2* (which are usually diamond in the rough players), a few 3*, and about one or two 4 and 5*. My dad and I use this system, and it works for every team we play. Really good recruiting method for using small teams.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

this is good for small programs... 1 and 2 star...

mid to late in the season you may find that one of your targets is not really a realistic signing with much better teams competing with you.

drop that target and reload with a replacement. how? best way is to do a search for players who still have 10 schools on their list. not 8... TEN... comb thru that group and reload your board. don't worry if they aren't in a familiar state... take a shot. i typically end up signing a few players from clear across the country in odd ball states.

i understand how you want to look at guys in your state or guys that have shown some lvl of interest. I like to take a look at the bigger picture nd go after the best talent
Old 01-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

I get tired of teams like ND stealing my 4 and 5 star players late in the season. And I have never had anyone higher than a 3 star player sign early to mid season. This season, my lower rated QB is performing much better than my last year's QB. So now I am still going after top talent, but I am also loading up my board with 2-3 star players that have cool names. I recruited a 3 star LB named Zach Payne. I figure if I am going to lose my top picks anyway, I might as well have a cast of characters with cool names throughout the season. I also had a senior DT named Ben Johnson graduate and picked up a freshman DT named Ben Johnson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #12
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
I get tired of teams like ND stealing my 4 and 5 star players late in the season. And I have never had anyone higher than a 3 star player sign early to mid season. This season, my lower rated QB is performing much better than my last year's QB. So now I am still going after top talent, but I am also loading up my board with 2-3 star players that have cool names. I recruited a 3 star LB named Zach Payne. I figure if I am going to lose my top picks anyway, I might as well have a cast of characters with cool names throughout the season. I also had a senior DT named Ben Johnson graduate and picked up a freshman DT named Ben Johnson.

GO IRISH!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #13
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

On my ND chise I had a 5-star ATH commit after 3 weeks.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

I finally had my first 4 star recruit mid season. At week 8, I had a 4 star OLB commit to me. I think it helped that early playing time was his highest priority and my two starting OLB's are seniors. I barely even talked to the guy, other than the 20 minute quick calls and the one time I called to set up a visit. I am trying a slightly different strategy in that I am only quick calling this year other than the schedule visit call. I just vary the amount of time on the quick call based upon where they rate me and whether they have fallen or risen since the prior week. I hope this helps me bring in some talent. I currently have about a dozen 4 stars that have me in their top 3, and a 5 star QB that has me first barely over Ohio state, which happens to be my next game. I hope this works out because I am starting to hemorrhage my players and haven't been able to replace them with high level guys so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »