Home

1 to 6 star thread

This is a discussion on 1 to 6 star thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
Banned

Phin's Arena

OVR: 2
1 to 6 star thread

For those of you bringing a one star school to six, please talk about it here. I love hearing your building stories. I also plan on bringing a team up from one star but im not sure what eam to use so reccomendations are appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 1 to 6 star thread

I am in a ps3 online dynasty organized thru this very site. We are about to start season 4 right now. My project has been the Idaho Vandals 1 * program. We got to 3 stars last season and I think I'll be 3 stars again for season 4. We had a bit of a set back this season as I red shirted some key recruits and we ended up 5-7, no bowl bid. Last off season was quite exciting as I had the number 1 recruit in the country, a 5 star MLB .. listing me as his number one choice of schools from week 3 off season thru the final week of recruiting. He became available as a new recruit when off season started and I was apparently the most aggressive in pursuing him. In building a small program up, it's an amazing feat to have thee top player so close to signing. Alas... as the final week of recruiting ended, he went with GA Tech. A`player of that claiber may have single handedly led my program to a bowl game this season instead of me ending up 5-7. I would have been riding that kind of talent right thru to the top 25 in his second season for sure.

Anyway... I have still have some solid talent coming out of red shirts, and a solid group of recruits that has been evolving and gaining awareness and yet another great class about to sign on in the current off season. I am pretty sure I am going to be arriving in the top 25 this season and making a serious run next season. All that could translate to a 5 or 6 star program. It would be a huge jump... but I have been methodically building this team and I am close to unleashing them with no hold barred and no red shirts.

Last edited by milmont77; 01-17-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

This is how my CAS dynasty started. I created the university I go to (San Francisco St) which doesn't have a football team, and I gave them a cupcake roster, a 1-star prestige, and placed them in the WAC substituting Utah St.

1st season: 7-5, lost to Utah, Nevada, Hawaii, Boise, and I don't remember who else. Got invited to the EagleBank Bowl and won it, don't even remember who my opponent was. Boy my D was BAD! I force my roster to go 3-4 even if I didn't have the talent for it because that's the D I like to run ... the games I won was because my offense was somehow able to put up enough points to make up for my sorry defense.

2nd season: the winning season made me a 2-star team. Halfway thru season one I found that my 2nd best qb in terms of rating was in fact my best, so he got to be the full-time starter. 10-2 season, winning on the blue turf was amazing given my roster, still lost to Navy and Hawaii. Won the Hawaii Bowl. Got me a decent QB in recruiting (considering my roster) as my starter was about to be a senior the next season. 1st time I even cracked the rankings (media, but still) was #25 after all the bowl games.

3rd season: 3-star, I was hot! After 10 games I was 10-1 (don't remember who I lost to) and was ranked for the 1st time in my career at SFSU. Then inexplicably my team lost the last 2-games on nail-bitters, and it carried over to the bowl game, where VT handled me on another nail-bitter. 9-4 year and got me a really really nice qb, good arm, not so accurate, but very mobile, and I was ready to ride him starting year 4.

4th season: 4-star, my true freshman qb was winning games but struggling, then I remember I had that qb from year 2 that I redshirted during year 3. It was time for a dual qb system. The redshirt was the starter, decent arm, more accurate. The true freshman was the secondary guy, killer arm, nice speed at the position on option runs (I run the Balance PB, which comes with Flex and Wish, tailor-made for this guy) I was ranked somewhere in the middle when Idaho went robo on me and gave my 1st and only loss of the season. Somehow I was able to make it into the Fiesta vs Michigan (Forcier as a SR), and I pulled it off 38-25)

5th season: Dual qb system in place from the get-go, we run the table and are #3 after playing all our games entering week 14. #1 VT, #2 USC. Trojans lose rivalry game to the Bruins, Purple Gators enter the NC picture vs VT (I wanted revenge, and got it). Won by 2 scores, National Champions RS SR wideout won the heisman with 1500+ yards and around 15 TD's.

6th season: the winning streak that started year 4 after the loss to Idaho went up to 30 games, when surprisingly in my last game of the season before the bowl Houston went off on me at my house (Purple Swamp). There were like 6 undefeated teams at that point so I knew I didn't have a shot at the NC but wanted the BCS bid, hoped I could still get it even after a loss. Ranked #15 I had to settle for the Hawaii Bowl, as #14 (2-loss) Utah made a BCS Bowl. BS. I took it off on UAB.

7th season: talked to my speed qb and told him, you can either play another season as the secondary guy, or you can redshirt and be the man next year. RS his ***. The other QB barely missed him, but then he went down with an injury and what I considered my 3rd string filled-in well enough to keep give me another undefeated regular season, leaving me at #3, with Cincy and OU ahead of me, and boy did I become a huge fan of Nebraska after what they did for me. Put a pounding on OU, it wasn't even close, and I faced Cincy in the NC. 27-0, they didn't have an answer for me. My star qb was back for this game, finishing his career with a perfect 4-0 bowl record, 2 NC's, and his name on the school record books for season TD's, career TD's, and career passing yards. My HB won the Heisman, Maxwell, and Walker with almost 2,000 total yards (rushing and receiving, not returning).

-- Got invited to the PAC-10 (WSU was 1-star at this point coming off a 1-11 season where they only beat a FCS team) --

8th (and current) season: finally having a better conference schedule, I gave me 3 solid OOC opponents (at TENN, vs FSU, vs TTU) had to come from behind to beat the Vols by 10, struggled at home vs the 'Noles but got the 21-17 win, and put together a good game vs TTU winning by a couple of scores. My last game was the best of all 8 seasons ... on the road at USC, down 14-0 near the end of the half, I'm trying to get some points to stay in the game but end up throwing a pick6 = down 21-0 at the half. 3rd quarter I win 14-0, add another 7 early in the 4th. 2 minutes later USC gets another TD, 3 minutes later I tie it again. with just under a minute left the Trojans try to drive into FG range but I intercept the ball at their 35, run it a few times to get inside their 30, and win it on a FG as the time expires. 31-28 final!

Looking forward to the rest of the PAC-10 schedule, including games At Cal and At Oregon.

To sum up, lol, doing a 1 to 6 star dynasty is FUN AS HELL!

Spoiler
Old 01-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

vrabbit, when you first created a team did you make them a FCS, FBS, or other team in teambuilder
Old 01-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
MVP

fbs, why do you ask?

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
Rookie

thendfanzach's Arena

OVR: 4

i played wth north texas in a 2 person online dynasty. we were bith independents so we could make our own scheduling format. it was play eachother. then 2 top five teams. 3 top 25 teams. 3 bcs conference solid teams. then 3 non bcs or awful bcs conference teams like duke (this was usually for ou rivalry games). north texas has riley dodge a redshirt freshman who is an 85 ovr w/ 82 speed. he carried my team to a 8-4 finish in year 1 with an upset of florida. the next year we finished 10-3 and ranked 12 in the final polls. beat florida again. and the first two years i recruited all 2 star players, but have significantly increased the depth or the team. at the start of year three i am a three star program and am in for a four star player and 6 three stars. my online opponent is with middle tennessee state and had trouble adjusting to being an awful team. he finished 0-12 his first yr but stull recruited 20 kids all 2 stars but stull solid the next season he went 6-7 losing his bowl game. his wideout who he changed the name of to michael corleone haha won the heisman with 170 receptions and 2500 yds and 15 touchdowns with a few kickoff tds. kid was a true jr and was 90 ovr w/ 94 speed (so basically the best player a one star team can ask for). he was convunced to return to the team and is redshirting this year as a 94 ovr w/ 95 speed. i hope for my sake that this kid does not get any better in the offseason or i am screwed next yr against him cause my fastest corner is a 88 speed. anyway to show how bad my program was and how i have started a solid base, i have had two recruiting classes, and my defense has 8 of 11 starters from those two classes. i am really ,ooking forward to the rest of my dynasty. my toughest games are always againast him (my cousin) and i am playing him today to kick off the season.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
fbs, why do you ask?

just out of pure curiosity... i see the option when making a team of those 3 choices and i didnt know if it made a difference which one you chose
Old 01-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
MVP

yeah I didn't even remember that was a choice, I made this team so long ago

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »