Home

Which young QB should I stick with?

This is a discussion on Which young QB should I stick with? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
Rookie

thendfanzach's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Which young QB should I stick with?

definately A. that speed with the quarterback makes him much better. but on a side note, i use that same playbook occasionally and i have my better throwing quarterback for the regular formations and put the fast guy in the wishbone and flexbone.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13
See I'd usually do that if my B QB was a much better QB, but they are almost identical (although different) in talent, I thinkl I may stick with A.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 34

play em both
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I say you start a kicker at QB
Old 01-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

I have a QB similar to your A and he has given me so many more options than any QB I have used yet. His ability to run really helps extend drives, especially since my running game is really lacking so far. I can't seem to bring in that star back yet, but hopefully this season. Anyway, I never ran much with my QB last season and he had sub par stats. He finished something like 14 TD's to 18 INT's. He got a boost in speed in the off season though and now is really running the ball a lot. I have never really run the option play that much in the past, but he makes it an actual option. I like him so much, that I am really pushing hard to draft a scrambling QB to replace him for next season.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Yeah I gave QB A a vote of confidence and I've gone 4-0 in my last four games after the initial loss.

Let's see how he does my next game vs Cal, they have a high rated defense. And yes, having the option of running with your QB when no receivers are open is a thing of beauty. It allows you to extend drives.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

I am starting to have second thoughts on my scrambling QB. He has given up 6 Int in the last two games, 8 in the last 3, and has only scored maybe 3 TD's in that time. Even though he is a senior, he is one more bad game away from sitting the rest of the season and letting the Junior get a shot. I am pretty sure that I will not be able to win the division, and a good bowl game is falling fast, so letting the junior get some reps in might not be the worst thing in the world. I will certainly miss his ability to make something happen with his legs though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #16
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Without even looking at the QB ratings I'd say go with whichever QB is faster. Almost every QB in the game can throw frozen ropes and complete 70% of their passes. The only difference I ever notice with QBs is their height and their speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »