Home

Interesting in hearing how you guys choose the team you use in your dynasties?

This is a discussion on Interesting in hearing how you guys choose the team you use in your dynasties? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Interesting in hearing how you guys choose the team you use in your dynasties?

I get a new team every 1-3 years...once I've won my conference, it's time to move on, I get bored...I pretty much take over whoever the worst team is since it's the biggest challenge.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Interesting in hearing how you guys choose the team you use in your dynasties?

My first dynasty is always Notre Dame(obvious reasons.. see sig). Once I get tired of them, I'll move onto another dynasty. I usually pick a school from a BCS Conference. I don't like building horrible 1 star programs back up to prominence. Just gets boring. I like playing with BCS schools and being as good as I can be with that school. I generally look for teams that have good uniforms and a nice stadium.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #11
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMU_Devil_Dawg
With Team Builder you can put URI in the game. I have an offline Dynasty where I replaced the entire ACC with the CAA. But then Northeastern and Hofstra dropped their football programs so I started another Dynasty and brought Old Dominion and Georgia State into the conference early to keep it at 12 teams.

But the team that you choose should vary on what your objectives are. For online dynasties where the other users are highly rated (top 25) teams I will also choose a highly rated team because I've seen a lot of ODs fold before I've been able to make a weaker team into a contender.

I've heard of teambuilder, but not exactly sure how it works.

Also, what happened as far as bowl bids when you brought in the CAA? Did the bowl bid for the #3 team in ACC just go to the #3 CAA team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #12
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsportsrule
I've heard of teambuilder, but not exactly sure how it works.

Also, what happened as far as bowl bids when you brought in the CAA? Did the bowl bid for the #3 team in ACC just go to the #3 CAA team?
Do you have an online account on Xbox Live/PSN? If so, go to the TeamBuilder section and put in the code that's on the back of the instruction booklet. Then search for URI and find which one you like the most. It's really fun and how I play all of my dynasties.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #13
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Born and raised in Pittsburgh. I've loved Pitt ever since I knew who Pitt was and am currently a graduate student there.

This year I'm also using WKU and trying to build them up and eventually get them to the SEC.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I usually start with a team that should be in the 7-9 win range and get them over the hump. Team needs to be in decently fertile recruiting ground but not TX, CA, FL. Teams like Clemson or Michigan State for example. I'll stay until I build them up and then move to a BCS doormat. After many seasons of building them I try to find the traditional power that's in the worst shape and restore the glory to their program.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

I am considering switching teams when my contract is up. I am currently at Minnesota and have taken them to 5 star so far and just drafted a 5 star QB. Maybe after he graduates, I will switch programs, only because I am sick of playing in a dome. That being said, if I do changes jobs, any recommendations? I would like to play in a fun stadium as well as a good conference. Cool uniforms and mascot would be a plus. I am not too worried about recruit talent, since I have gotten along pretty well so far on 3 and the occasional 4 star player for the most part so far. So any ideas you guys have would be great. Oh yeah, no Notre Dame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 06:19 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 26

Can someone recommend a few of the crappiest one star teams that i could potentially build up

Just call me Sanchez

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »