Home

Interesting in hearing how you guys choose the team you use in your dynasties?

This is a discussion on Interesting in hearing how you guys choose the team you use in your dynasties? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5
Interesting in hearing how you guys choose the team you use in your dynasties?

I'm from Rhode Island by birth...obviously I'd use URI but they aren't in the game. When I buy NCAA (I always get burnt out and alternate years, with Madden in the years I don't buy NCAA), so I'll be getting '11, since I haven't played since 09 (bought Madden'10).

Usually, I use Boston College, who I somewhat follow, and is the closest team (I also have family in MA, so that sorta decided it), however, I'm a bit tired of using them, and of playing the same ACC teams.

I was thinking of Connecticut, but I'm not sold on it. I'd probably try to snag those recruits from the NE-area states.

For those who didn't choose the school you went to/live near/etc...how did you decide?

Looking forward to some interesting replies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Interesting in hearing how you guys choose the team you use in your dynasties?

Michigan, my favorite time.

Other times, I pick a team that sucks and try to build them up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Interesting in hearing how you guys choose the team you use in your dynasties?

With Team Builder you can put URI in the game. I have an offline Dynasty where I replaced the entire ACC with the CAA. But then Northeastern and Hofstra dropped their football programs so I started another Dynasty and brought Old Dominion and Georgia State into the conference early to keep it at 12 teams.

But the team that you choose should vary on what your objectives are. For online dynasties where the other users are highly rated (top 25) teams I will also choose a highly rated team because I've seen a lot of ODs fold before I've been able to make a weaker team into a contender.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Me I'm from Oklahoma, and I am a die hard Sooner fan. I haven't done a dynasty with them since like 04. It is weird for me to play as my favorite team. Wish I could explain why, but it just is.

I usually pick teams on a combination of tradition, location and uniforms. I try to imagine where would I like to coach. I either start as a small school as a HC, or pretend I'm just a defensive or offensive cord, and super sim one side of the ball and play the other. Then after some success there I would move on to a reasonable job. Usually a mid level school like if I was OC at Clemson I would prob not take a head coaching job at Florida. Me I love good weather, so usually I play in southern schools, so if I was Clemson's OC and the USF job came open I would go there. Coach there for a while until maybe a big time job came up Florida, Miami, Florida State, USC, UCLA, LSU, etc.

If your not into the ladder scheme of things and want to just hope on and play a team. I like the known schools, but not premier schools. Georgia is fun to play with, and I really like that black top too bad the stadium isn't black with it when you wear em. Clemson is a ton of fun to play with lots of options on jerseys, killer stadium, some traditions, good recruiting area. Real fun place to build a monster of a program at. The Arizona schools are good too. Close enough to cali to snag some good recruits and not to far from Texas. Then ASU has an incredible stadium while Arizona has some slick uniforms.
MLB: Houston Astros
Old 01-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I always start one with UGA and play until I get tired of it. Then I take a low level team and try to build them up. Try to pick teams close to or in CA, TX, or FL due to the depth of recruits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

for me in this game its all about making a team a contender. since its the off season i look at their records from this year.... so i chose virginia and i am trying to turn them into a contender in a stacked ACC...... the other team im looking at is Tulane and for them im gonna try and get them into a major conference.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like to build up schools that suck and make them into eventual title contenders.my favorite team is oregon state .i rarely use them though because if i use a weaker team the mode is even more fun because youractually trying to make a good team instead of just taking a 5 or 6 star college and just winning every game which gets boring fast.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Washington, because I went there.

I also use cupcake teambuilder teams and build them up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »