Home

So do stiff-arms actually work in this game?

This is a discussion on So do stiff-arms actually work in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: So do stiff-arms actually work in this game?

As others have said, its a matter of timing. Once defender is engaged, pressing stiff arm is useless, do it few moments before the defender gets to you. If he's coming at you straight on, right stick up is more effective, if from the side stiff arm works better.

Also, check the players you are trying to do it with. There is a rating for stiff arm, so if its low that player will not be very successful.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
Remember the old Gamebreaker series for PS1? Those stiff-arms were LEGENDARY
Gamebreaker 2000 was legendary in my dorm. Those were some wicked stiff-arms. Thomas Jones was THE MAN on that game.

Mike
Old 02-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocool2win
As others have said, its a matter of timing. Once defender is engaged, pressing stiff arm is useless, do it few moments before the defender gets to you. If he's coming at you straight on, right stick up is more effective, if from the side stiff arm works better.

Also, check the players you are trying to do it with. There is a rating for stiff arm, so if its low that player will not be very successful.
Yep they have to have high stiff arm rating in combination with the defender being a avg tackle rating

Just last night using Earl Campbell on a created team i have he broke outside and then just destroyed my old school Jason Seahorn DB it looked pretty sick......

Also, if have the CPU takle slider down just a noth below 50 you'll see some nice stiff arms suceed more often.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 05:05 AM   #12
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
I use the stiff arm rather effectively. If you press A slightly before the defender gets to you (and if the defender tries to go low) the RB will push him down to the ground. I think that animation is great. If you wait until the defender is already engaged you get the strange looking over-the-top animations that everyone is talking about. Try getting ready for the hit instead of waiting for contact. Also helps if the defender is coming from behind you or slightly to the side.
Yeah it helps if you are running vertically (like on the sideline) and he is coming from the side. And if you also angle slightly away from the runner while doing it.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
Banned

goirish48's Arena

OVR: 0

stiffs do work, one of the few thiings which is a very nice feature, so much could be done with this game.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Strange (or maybe not) that this question was originally asked in previous NCAA, but does stiff arm work in NCAA 13? For some reason, I cannot get it to work. BTW, I'm on 360. Is it a timing issue? ratings issue? angle issue?
Old 07-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #15
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
I've noticed that timing and speed impact running animations as was the same last year. If you're sprinting then they rarely occur.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
Remember the old Gamebreaker series for PS1? Those stiff-arms were LEGENDARY
LOL...I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this thread. Couldn't wait too get near the sideline and just level defenders. Those stiff-arms were brutal!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »