Home

So do stiff-arms actually work in this game?

This is a discussion on So do stiff-arms actually work in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #17
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: So do stiff-arms actually work in this game?

The stiff arm has been broken ever since they ported NCAA and Madden to PS3 and 360. And they still have not fixed it or at least improved it. as a matter of fact,they have not even made an attempt to improve the stiff arm, how hard can that be, smh.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #18
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
I use the stiff arm rather effectively. If you press A slightly before the defender gets to you (and if the defender tries to go low) the RB will push him down to the ground. I think that animation is great. If you wait until the defender is already engaged you get the strange looking over-the-top animations that everyone is talking about. Try getting ready for the hit instead of waiting for contact. Also helps if the defender is coming from behind you or slightly to the side.
I don't find this true, so me, it seems like if you push the stiff arm before the defender get's their, they do a chicken wing animation, until contact is made, then perform a stiff arm animation, that don't work 9 out of 10 times.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
I hold down A when I'm close to being tackled with Orwin Smith and David Sims and it works a ton. I never just tap it. Seems to work too well to me.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I can say, with all my heavy playing, I've never once successfully performed a stiff-arm. I have no clue if it's because of timing or what. But I make contact, hit A, and my player will just do one of the canned failed stiff-arm tackles where he falls down sideways. It becomes so ridiculous I just never use stiff-arm at all, because no matter how much I try, either by tapping it constantly or pressing it once, it never works.

Is there a trick to pulling it off or something?
Yeah, there is a trick, you must press it much earlier than one would think to get it to work. Once I started doing that I get it to work about half the time now.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #21
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

i dont have much of a prob with it either. seems about same as last year. the angle of the defender approaching you seems to matter as does if they are high or low. I had a nasty stiff arm last night with my TE where his feet came off ground and he went straight on his back flying away from me as I was going outta bounds. dirty!!!

to the previous poster that said they never fixed them after the patch. I do remember that patch and it greatly reducing the ability of the stiff arm. I would also agree that it is about the same as it was when they changed it at that time. But i will also say that the percent of the time it works is probably pretty accurate. and im not talking about working as in did he try to stiff arm but works as in when he gets his arm on the guy. i stiff arm alot and they grab my shoulders pads while im stiffing and they drag me down.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »