Home

How the hell do you play defense on this game?

This is a discussion on How the hell do you play defense on this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
How the hell do you play defense on this game?

I cannot seem to defend the pass to save mylife in this game. No matter who the offense and who my defense is. This is against the CPU, can I get some help please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How the hell do you play defense on this game?

We need some more info to help. What sliders do you us? If you use default try looking for a new set of sliders. I use Blue's Varsity siders and get great games. I can stop the pass on most teams but do have those drives where nothing I do works.
Second when you play D do you call the same plays over and over? If so try mixing things up. Also get pressure on the QB. If you are not then see fix #1. Good sliders will help.
Thats all I can tell you. I have been playing this game since 98 so its like playing with my eyes closed. I still do some of the same things I have done for years and they still work.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29

Unless your only increasing the cpu ablities sliders are cheese. just force the qb into bad throws with pressure and mixing up coverages.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Unless your only increasing the cpu ablities sliders are cheese. just force the qb into bad throws with pressure and mixing up coverages.
If you play default on heisman then the game is not playable. Sliders to help those that may not be top notch games play the game. Cheese is turning your sliders to 100 and CPU down to 0. That is cheese but finding a set that help you enjoy the game is not cheese. Dude needed help so to tell him to just get pressure is no help. I'm sure he knows that.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
MVP

It's not playable because it's too easy to win with a decent team which is why I always leave to a one star whenever I start getting a good team. helping him is one thing showing him ways to cheat to win a video game is another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Moylan55, the guy created a thread to ask for help defending the pass. He is asking for any advice on how to make his game play better. Telling him to adjust sliders that may help him defend the pass a little better is not cheese or cheating. Not every person that plays this game is a pro. If sliders are cheese then why do people invest time to find the right sliders to make the game worth playing?
To the OPer, I stand behind what I said. Some sliders can help you out.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
MVP

the bottom line here is that you don't need to mess with sliders in order play good D and personally I would get zero satisfaction if the only I way I could beat the cpu was by adjusting sliders. as I've said stick to basic fundamentals. First stop the run, then pressure the passer, and mix up your coverage schemes. CPU AI in this game is extremely weak on every level so you should be able to triumph by simply outhinking the opponent.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Sliders are not cheese guys. Sliders are for hard-core gamers in my humble opinion. The ability to tweak sliders and get a realistic game is probably the only reason I can still play next gen football.

The problem is with the game. We can adjust sliders all we want, but the passes travel unrealistically fast through the air. So why would you apply "realistic" ways to defend it such as "mix up your coverage and blitzes"

It doesn't matter what you do, it's not gonna be authentic either way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »