Home

NCAA 2004 Xbox Beta Control Options

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 Xbox Beta Control Options within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

bdouk's Arena

OVR: 2
NCAA 2004 Xbox Beta Control Options

I was wondering if any of you guys that have played the Xbox Beta could shed some light on how many controller setup options are available in this years game. Last year, the PS2 version had 4 different controller configs while the Xbox only had 2. Are there more configuration options for the Xbox controller this year? Since I play a lot of NFL 2k3, I want to have my controls set up to where turbo is always on the same button for defense and offense. I hope EA has included that feature this year in the Xbox version. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2003, 12:03 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA 2004 Xbox Beta Control Options

search the beta thread, you should find the answer there.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

bdouk's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok after looking I found that there are only two options on the Xbox version, just like last year. I don't understand why EA can't allow us to customize our controls. I also don't understand why the PS2 version gets 4 options and the Xbox only 2? Oh well.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:40 PM   #4
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

it might be that the PS2 controller is layed out better for NCAA? I really like the Xbox S controller, but I don't think there are as many good options for controller layout than there could be for PS2. Just a thought, I might be wrong
Old 07-01-2003, 12:42 PM   #5
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Fossen and I talked about this last night - the PS2 controller is just much better for NCAA - mainly due to the PS2 having 2 triggers on each side.

As far as the xbox controller, its not very good - even the s-controller. The black and white buttons are almost useless they are so hard to reach.

BD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2003, 01:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Fossen and I talked about this last night - the PS2 controller is just much better for NCAA - mainly due to the PS2 having 2 triggers on each side.

As far as the xbox controller, its not very good - even the s-controller. The black and white buttons are almost useless they are so hard to reach.

BD

Which is why I'm purchasing the PS2 version. That, and online play, of course. Too bad that I'll have to buy another memory card AND a headset...
Old 07-01-2003, 01:22 PM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

bdunn13 said:

BD

yeah, that's what I meant about liking the S controller. It's good for other games, but for NBA Street 2 and NCAA 2003 I just prefer having the 4 shoulder buttons. Seems more natural to me
Old 07-01-2003, 01:37 PM   #8
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

I love the Controller S. Bigtime.

But I just think that when EA designs games, it designs for the PS2, then ports to the other consoles. This is obvious in the graphics and the use of the hard drive (among others). It applies equally to the control scheme. Although the NCAA/Madden controls can be "translated" to the Controller S, I'd rather have the original.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »