Home

Official Remove Run Commit Petition for NCAA11

This is a discussion on Official Remove Run Commit Petition for NCAA11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #25
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Official Remove Run Commit Petition for NCAA11

Its amazing to read some of the BS here in this thread.

The whole run commit, pass commit is one of the biggest rigs, garbage ideas to ever make it into a video game, let alone a sports game.

Bottom line is this and it's been said before. Pick the play to stop the run play, period...

Is NCAA 10 really this bad that the devs have to enable the game with these stupid commit features? Just make a good freaking game and leave out all the features that cover up the inadequacies of the game. That is all that is. They could not make the game realistic so they throw out this BS in a lame duck attempt to balance out the game.

Hey, just fix the freaking game...

Also, I've played NCAA for years (not this one, played madden for the first time in about 4 years) and I get this years copy and loved NCAA online dynasty and am all excited and we see these stupid commit things, coupled with the ability to run/throw in fast fwd all over the field and it ends up being a coster on the table. Madden put in some momentum based running and slowed things down and IMHO it's the best game they have had in maybe 5 years. I know that is just me but NCAA needs to step up their small game. It's the only NCAA football game available and we need good gameplay, not some wack commit run defense garbage...

Also, I think most of you play against the CPU, you have to be doing this if in your opinion it's not a big deal... Head to head its a freaking joke...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

get rid of it...qtrs deep run commit middle is the most unrealistic "defense" ive ever witnessed..****n commit has robbed me of countless wins..
Old 02-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
And ill tell you why it needs to be removed... b/c it RUINS head to head play. If you are just playing the computer in dynasty mode or whatever then obviously it's not a big deal.

I love to run the ball and it sends me into my next life to look at the defense before the snap and know that i have them outmanned to one side with an extra blocker or TE or something... KNOW that it should be a good play... and BAM run commit to that side KILLS it. Does anyone watch football? I mean sometimes it's OBVIOUS where the ball is going and they might even get an extra OL on one side, but b/c they are outmanned it doesnt get stopped. But the defense has to be balanced to cover playaction or a counter or something.

Now if the defense slides to one side or even crashes that side then fine, maybe it gets stopped for a shorter GAIN. But if i have 4 blockers on one side against 3 defenders on one side of the box... AND i have a lead blocker... that play should NOT be stopped in the backfield by a friggin 3-2-6 or something. PERIOD. That's why it needs to be out of the game.

Anyone who thinks a defense with less than 4 DL's and 3 LB's should be able to stop a goalline or Tight I is on crack and is a cheeser. I dont care if i run the same play everytime... a dime, nickel, or quarters SHOULD never stop an offensive formation with 2 te's and a lead blocker. Sure part of the problem is poor OL blocking in this game but for the most part.. WITHOUT run commit, you can pound the ball all day if you have the defense outmanned or outsized to one side.

Run Commit has no place... there is no such thing... CALL THE DEFENSIVE PLAY TO STOP THE RUN. EA put this feature in to help the beginner and it's killed the SIM players. If they keep it then it should ONLY BE IN FAMILY PLAY. And if it's included in regular head to head play, online or off then i'm done with this game.

Keep in mind.. i'm a level 22, 172-55 player online. It's not that i can't win b/c of it, it's just that it takes the realism out of many games i play.

I'm a level 1 lol jk. But I can agree with your post for the most part, but again, why scream out take it out...instead of make it better or optional. Like yourself, I consider myself a true sim-player, and I’ve also played in small sim ODs

If I see you come out with 2 TEs, 2 RB…naturally I should think running play. Personally, I will blitz 9/10 if I see this. But the AI is stupid, and they don’t do what I tell them to do. As a coach, and a player, I should make decisions based on the personnel on the field and the situation. If it’s 3rd and 15, I want to tell my players play the pass first. If it’s 3rd and 1, I want to tell my players play the run first. Simply calling a blitzing play is not enough in football games.

So, if by chance, they could let you commit on the play call screen then that would make it that much better. It’s all pre-play and it’s a coach (your) decision. It’ll add a coaching challenge among players, I mean even goal line blitzing plays are kind of foolish because there is no true drive to the ball carrier.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 34

The problem with all of the gameplan features: run commit, pass commit, and the in game gameplanning menu, is that if you dont usethem..your team doesnt play. They kind of are just 'there'.

Its really ridiculous, because why bother with ratings if the players arent going to perform, based on what they are supposed to be able to do?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

If you don't understand why this feature should be taken out of the game.... then you probably don't understand a whole lot about football in general. Same thing goes for jump the snap. Just not a realistic feature the way it is implemented into the game

Thing is, these features will not be taken out. One of the EA guys has stated it takes more time to take something out than to put something new in. When they take something out it is likely to break other parts of the programming. Then they have spend time to go back and fix those things. They just aren't willing to do that.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #30
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
If you don't understand why this feature should be taken out of the game.... then you probably don't understand a whole lot about football in general. Same thing goes for jump the snap. Just not a realistic feature the way it is implemented into the game

Thing is, these features will not be taken out. One of the EA guys has stated it takes more time to take something out than to put something new in. When they take something out it is likely to break other parts of the programming. Then they have spend time to go back and fix those things. They just aren't willing to do that.
And I said this all last year. Pick a direction for NCAA to move in and stick to it. So you dont have to worry about taking steps backwards.

I know you dont like M10 ,but I thought it was a huge step in the right direction.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

People are missing a BIG factor that run commit hampers...man to man passing. If you run commit middle, your corners end up on the inside of receivers on inside routes. Same for run commiting right and left. If someone is killing you with the x receiver coming across left to right on slants, all they have to do is man up and run commit right. Picked or knocked down. I know people that will double the outside receivers and run commit middle, and it will pretty much take your best two receivers OUT of the game.

Not to mention, when is it realistic where all the players on the field can start out rushing the line, and then recover in time to play pass defense? Isn't the game supposed to somewhat indicative of....real life? Maybe i'm off here, but I think it is BS, especially for online players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaw46
People are missing a BIG factor that run commit hampers...man to man passing. If you run commit middle, your corners end up on the inside of receivers on inside routes. Same for run commiting right and left. If someone is killing you with the x receiver coming across left to right on slants, all they have to do is man up and run commit right. Picked or knocked down. I know people that will double the outside receivers and run commit middle, and it will pretty much take your best two receivers OUT of the game.

Not to mention, when is it realistic where all the players on the field can start out rushing the line, and then recover in time to play pass defense? Isn't the game supposed to somewhat indicative of....real life? Maybe i'm off here, but I think it is BS, especially for online players.
Wow now that is some serious cheese. Now i know why i've lost to people running quarters and run committing. Never thought about doubling the outside receivers and run committing.... or committing to the side of the field that they might be throwing toward... jeez that's bad...

Yeah it truly does ruin online play... sometimes you'll get a great straight up game but when someone's back is against the wall late in the game they revert to cheese to pull out the win... then im like.. "why'd you have to ruin the game just to get a win?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »