Home

Who should be the best WR on NCAA 2004?

This is a discussion on Who should be the best WR on NCAA 2004? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2003, 09:44 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Who should be the best WR on NCAA 2004?

My Top 10 Recievers
1.Roy Williams
2.Rashaun Woods
3.Reggie Williams
4.Lee Evans
5.Larry Fitzgerald
6.Braylon Edwards
7.Mike Williams
8.Darius Watts
9.Fred Gibson
10.Bernard Berrien
Old 07-03-2003, 10:04 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

In reality w/o all the big time program hype Oklahoma State's Rashaun Woods should be # 1. Woods also has the stats to back it up!
Last season, Woods caught 107 passes for 1,695 yards and 17 touchdowns. The only receiver with similar stats is

Reggie Williams of Washinton who caught 94 passes for 1,454 yards and 11 touchdowns

Roy Williams of Texas stats were 64 receptions 1142 yards 12 TDs

Woods could make All-America based on his performance in last year’s Oklahoma game alone. With Cowboy QB Josh Fields also on fire that day, Woods torched the Sooners with 12 catches for a school single-game record 226 yards and three touchdowns. Two years ago, Woods set a school single-season record with 80 catches and led the Big 12 with 1,023 yards. Last season, he caught 107 passes for 1,695 yards and 17 touchdowns.
Courtesy of Athlon Sports

Quote:

chance22 said:
You can't use that test dude. Look at it this way: Rashaun and Reggie have virtually no good players next to them and their coaches design many plays specifically for them. Roy on the other hand, has two future nfl players catching balls with him, in BJ Johnson and Sloan Thomas. Greg freking Davis doesn't give him a very good chance to be the best playmaker in the nation(which he is). Not to mention a stud in Ced Benson(I know he wasn't great last year). Now that Roy is injury-free and on the top of his game, he might catch 100 balls. The only thing to stop him from doing it, is players next to him and coaching. He is, though, the best.

I would disagree with the notion Woods doesn't have good players around him QB Josh Fields, Tatum Bell are outstanding, and R. Woods brother Djuan starting at the other WR spot is no slouch.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #35
Rookie

When measuring who the best reciever is you can't just measure it by stats there are other things that come into effect i don't want to take anything away from Rashaun but he was the go to guy at OSU and Roy Wiliams was hurt for a few games plus there are to other reciever B.J. Johnson and Sloan Thomas that Chris Simms could go to that is why I put Roy williams #1 and Rashaun Woods #2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2003, 12:16 AM   #36
Rookie

The notion that having good players around you hurts you is not true. It actually helps you. If you have a great QB throwing to you, which I wouldn't neccasarilly say Simms was, that helps you. Plus having good recievers around you helps reduce the number of double teams a reciever is going to see. It is true that being surrounded by good recievers probably means less opportunities for receptions which equals smaller stats, but it my opinion it helps him look better when you watch him. On the other hand I would guess that because of the fact Woods is by far the best reciever on OSU that he is always double teamed.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:49 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

SCHNCH said:
Oh SoMiss, why don't you enlighten us with your veteran status.

I'll chime in as well. I agree with the post that mentioned that The Legend has just about every Texas receiving record and he has done it with a group of players around him that demand the ball as well. Reggie Williams, R. Woods, Fitzgerald...all of them should have more completions and yardage than Roy. Who else on those teams is going to get the yardage.

Well SCHNCH, can I call you that? Brian Krich is better known around these boards as Bkrich83 moderator and former college football player here at Operation Sports. Since Clay posted his name in this thread, I would guess he played WR. Hmmm, a lot of the guys posting in this thread are new, so I'm sure 100% of you new guys didn't know and it probably went over your heads and left wondering, "who in the hell is Brian Krich?"
Old 07-04-2003, 10:24 AM   #38
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I gotta go with Roy Williams, although they'll have a new QB this year so he may not put up the best number.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:27 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 24

Hands down, the best WR in college RIGHT NOW is Roy"The Legend"Williams. No other WR in college football is more feared than him. Yes Rashaun Woods, Mike Williams, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Williams are all in a class above normal WR, but this guy would have been a top 5 pick in any year of the draft if he decided to come out. Maybe next year guys like Fitzgerald, Williams, and other Williams MIGHT be better, but right now every team who plays against TExas is worrying about #4!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 03:50 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:

untitled said:
The notion that having good players around you hurts you is not true. It actually helps you. If you have a great QB throwing to you, which I wouldn't neccasarilly say Simms was, that helps you. Plus having good recievers around you helps reduce the number of double teams a reciever is going to see. It is true that being surrounded by good recievers probably means less opportunities for receptions which equals smaller stats, but it my opinion it helps him look better when you watch him. On the other hand I would guess that because of the fact Woods is by far the best reciever on OSU that he is always double teamed.

It is totally true. Roy is frequently doubled and they don't need to get him the ball that much anyway, because like I said, they have Sloan, BJ, and not to mention three great TEs in Brock Edwards, Bo Scaife, and David Thomas. I know Tatum Bell is alright, but he isn't as good as Benson. As for Fields, a good qb would help Rashaun wouldn't it? Think about it. I think other very good receivers and rbs on your team is a much bigger variable than simple double teams. Thus, I think Roy Williams is definitely the best receiver in the nation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »