Home

it's a good start BUT

This is a discussion on it's a good start BUT within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 01:40 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: it's a good start BUT

No I am happy about the new stuff, but most of that is cosmetic..I wanna see new recruiting, new physics, better lineman interaction, coaching carousel, stuff like that

I like seeing new equipment but I'd rather have some huge changes to gameplay..formation subs being back in the game is awesome though
Old 03-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

After reading about the nine things added so far I am extremely concerned. It was all fluff and there was no mention of anything that would improve the game such as:

-doing away with the robo qb
-improve pass coverage
-improve the cpu play selection and execution
-improve OL/DL interaction and remove suction blocking.

This is just to name a few, but a few of the big things holding this game back. I know this is just the first nine changes but shouldn't they be talking about gameplay improvements (ya know, the things everybody has been begging and pleading for the last three years?). I am really afraid this will be another disaster. If it is I will continue playing the ps2 version of 06 as I have been for the last two years. At least I have gotten my money's worth and more out of 06 LOL!

We have five more months, things might just turn around for us yet.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #19
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechfan44
Are you telling me you arent happy about the additions to this game so far?
It's hard to be happy about stuff being re-added from nearly 10 years ago.

If a car company removed a/c for several years, then re-added it, would you praise them?

The equipment is cool, but this is next gen, we should've had this by now. Look at other games that are out and how much further along they are.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #20
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

I think EA has to realize that when people complain on here it is because they have been disappointed and let down with NCAA for four years now and it's really frustrating. That is an awful long time to be disappointed with something. I know I read an article not long ago saying how EA was surprised and disappointed by the sales so far of Madden and NCAA 10. Why are they so surprised? They keep putting out weak games with fluff added and therefore sales keep dropping and dropping.

Please EA, give us a good playing football game (on the field) like ps2 06 was.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #21
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Taking out old features only to re-release them years later is not innovative, in fact, its insulting. Good start, but I am still not interested and it would take nothing short of miracle for me to buy NCAA football ever again. I have been a loyal customer since Bill Walsh College football by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #22
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfree21
So you're fine with this gameplay and dynasty mode and all they need to add is cleats to make u happy? Why is it that 2006 on ps2 was better than any new gen game? I highly doubt they work as hard as me because this game would be every bit of 2006 plus much more
Dynasty mode is pretty good, not much that i think really needs to be changed for the most part. Its at the point where they'll tweak it a little and it will be good, i dont think there are major overhauls or problems to it so dynasty mode is good enough for me.

But getting all these visuals out of the way in the 1st pic eliminates so many questions/comments/concerns/complaints/wishes that people have especially on OS. Now we dont need threads about cleats or helmets because we've seen those have been changed.

Now its just the gameplay to focus on. If you seriously think these 9 things are all thats being fixed and from now until July all we will hear about is these 9 things then you're nuts.

My problem would be when the big announcements come and its something really stupid like "Season Showdown" as a big announcement and thing they worked on for the game. Something stupid and pointless like that gets me upset. I dont care much for online stuff either since i dont play online but i know there are a lot that do so the online enhancements are good for those people so i cant complain about that stuff but as long as its not some gimmick like Season Showdown, i think so far we've gotten some good stuff.

Keep in mind marketing. You're not going to fix OL/DL interaction or other things like that and then go promote it as a big thing because that's admitting there was a problem with that stuff in the past. Yes we know there was but its not good for a company to come out and say yeah we knew the game sucked but trust us now that its good.

Those are the type of things you do read about in developer blogs like the ones that were done last year (dont know if theyre being done this year) where the guys came on these boards and talked about and showed us some of the improvements they made like Ian did with showing how the QB's head moves, how pro-tak worked, etc.

But they aren't going to come out 1st press release and say
-No more Robo QB (average gamers have no idea what the hell that even is)
-improved OL/DL interaction
-realistic body movement
-better pass coverage
-better cpu play calling

Those aren't things that catches people's eyes that they can see right away that they are improved. Those are the kinds of things you have to play to truely know if they've been fixed or not. But stuff like new helmets, arm bands, cleats, undershirts, arm braces, auto-save/load, and the other stuff they mentioned are stuff you can see and know theyve been changed.

Its March 2nd, the game doesnt come out until mid July. Thats a lot of time. I think your expectations of 1st info were waaaaay too high.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #23
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Its early. I'll give 'em time. I think they know this is a crucial year for NCAA Football. Just look what happened to basketball.......

I think it'll measure up this year. Can't give out the best stuff first though.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:54 AM   #24
Banned

Hey evey1 go purchase NCAA Football 05 for the ps2/xbox. compare it to last years NCAA. You would be surprised how 05 blows all the next gen versions out of the water. NCAA 2011 better live up to 2005 also. Because those little changes were already in 05.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »