Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: A New Game Plan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: A New Game Plan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: A New Game Plan

Sting - I agree, it's BS LAZINESS. If they say they can't do it because they don't use the same player models as Madden then here's an idea - CHANGE THE DA**** PLAYER MODELS TO BE LIKE MADDEN!

I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing excuses on how we can't do something we did 10 years ago on hardware 1/10th as powerful. Not to mention it's not like we're asking for the moon here. One look at a game like Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2 or the like and it's just PITIFUL...ABSOLUTELY PITIFUL that we are hearing that EA can't figure out to have a little bit of hair hanging out the back of someone's helmet.

If they think we'll just quit asking about this they are crazy. I'm going to continue to bring this up year after year after year.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:52 PM   #74
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

[quote=ODogg;2040859770]Sting - I agree, it's BS LAZINESS. If they say they can't do it because they don't use the same player models as Madden then here's an idea - CHANGE THE DA**** PLAYER MODELS TO BE LIKE MADDEN!

I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing excuses on how we can't do something we did 10 years ago on hardware 1/10th as powerful. Not to mention it's not like we're asking for the moon here. One look at a game like Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2 or the like and it's just PITIFUL...ABSOLUTELY PITIFUL that we are hearing that EA can't figure out to have a little bit of hair hanging out the back of someone's helmet.
@************************************************* *******

I think they are being honest when they say they can't do it, not because it cant be done, but because THEY as DEVS are not CAPABLE of doing it.

Remember these are the same guys who have known of gameplay flaws involving collision detection and pure physics for years and done nothing to fix it. Instead they wasted time on features meant to DISTRACT from the horrible gameplay flaws they kept selling year after year..

No , if this group says they can't do something....I believe em.

Now some exec comes out of the office down the hall and makes all these promises of gameplay upgrades and improvements?

we'll see

Last edited by blackscorpion11; 03-16-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #75
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: "A New Game Plan" - New Blog

he mentioned traditions...please tell me they got the tigers running down the hill finally..entrances in college football are one of the things that make it so special
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #76
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Sting - I agree, it's BS LAZINESS. If they say they can't do it because they don't use the same player models as Madden then here's an idea - CHANGE THE DA**** PLAYER MODELS TO BE LIKE MADDEN!
The problem with doing that is that would likely affect other areas as well:
  • We have been told that new player models means new uniform skins, so Adam and co would be forced to start from scratch for the 3rd or 4th time this gen. That would mean saying goodbye to almost all of the alternates we saw in NCAA 10. Imo that alone is reason enough not to make any player model changes from here on out.
  • Just a guess here, but I'll bet that it's also necessary to keep the same player models as last years game in order to let people use NCAA 10 Teambuilder squads in NCAA 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There's no question in my mind that they could do it, but I don't think that's the issue here. As I stated earlier the real question is how doing so might affect other parts of the game.

Put yourself in their shoes for a second, and ask yourself a question:

What would you say is more important to the majority of NCAA gamers: having as many uniform options as possible, or long hair for maybe 1-2% of the players in the game? How about TB squads vs long hair?

When you look at it from that pov it becomes something of a no-brainer. I would be willing to bet that 95% of the NCAA community would agree.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The problem with doing that is that would likely affect other areas as well:
  • We have been told that new player models means new uniform skins, so Adam and co would be forced to start from scratch for the 3rd or 4th time this gen. That would mean saying goodbye to almost all of the alternates we saw in NCAA 10. Imo that alone is reason enough not to make any player model changes from here on out.
  • Just a guess here, but I'll bet that it's also necessary to keep the same player models as last years game in order to let people use NCAA 10 Teambuilder squads in NCAA 11.

There's no question in my mind that they could do it, but I don't think that's the issue here. As I stated earlier the real question is how doing so might affect other parts of the game.

Put yourself in their shoes for a second, and ask yourself a question:

What would you say is more important to the majority of NCAA gamers: having as many uniform options as possible, or long hair for maybe 1-2% of the players in the game? How about TB squads vs long hair?

When you look at it from that pov it becomes something of a no-brainer. I would be willing to bet that 95% of the NCAA community would agree.
But why look at it like that? They should be able to implement that small detail without losing other things. The analogy of losing TeamBuilder or something is a bit dramatic. They just need to get a team that can implement it, that is all.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #78
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
But why look at it like that? They should be able to implement that small detail without losing other things. The analogy of losing TeamBuilder or something is a bit dramatic. They just need to get a team that can implement it, that is all.
I just don't know if it's that simple. After all this isn't like adding new facemasks or gloves--i.e. new options for existing variables. We're talking about adding an entirely new type of variable to existing player models. That could well be far more difficult than we know.

I also don't think the TB example is in any way "dramatic". Based on what we have been told in the past it is an undeniable fact that "new player models = uniform skins have to be redone from scratch". That would seem to imply that the TB uniform creator had to tailored specifically for use w/NCAA 10's player models. If that is so, it's possible that the only way to make existing TB teams work with NCAA 11 is to keep the player models the same.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have to agree that if jerseys were taken out in favor of a couple inches of hair sprouting from the back of a helmet the majority of people would be up in arms. If what they say about changing player models is true that would mean a ton of work to redo the jerseys. And I personally would be more than upset if I didn't have all my Oregon jerseys .

Not to mention if they redid jerseys (120x2 and more for other combinations) that's time taken away from gameplay regardless of if it's 2 hours or 2 days worth of time.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

So a stupid design decision made when the game went to next-gen must be suffered for the life of the console? That's nonsense. Yes it probably would require some extra work, maybe even a lot of extra work, but not having long hair is just silly. Allowing EA to hide behind the "it would take too much re-work" excuse is not going to fly with me.

If that is the case though, as you guys have said, I hope for the next-gen of systems no other things like this are left out for PS4/Xbox-next because I guess it's another 7 or 8 years of not having that feature. What a crock of sh**.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »