Home

Who wants a Custom Playbook Creator in NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on Who wants a Custom Playbook Creator in NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23
Who wants a Custom Playbook Creator in NCAA 11?

Who wants to see a play creator in NCAA 11? With the addition of formation subs, you could create all sorts of strange plays, like having the defensive end be your running back.

In all seriousness, if they added this, it would add alot of replay value, and allow for your Teambuilder teams to be fully customazible. They should also have an EA-Locker type thing were you can upload plays/playbooks online, like in NFL Head Coach 09. I understand the casual fan might not want it, but for hardcore gamers, it would be an excellent addition. Take out the Mascot Mashup and add the Playbook Creator!
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)

Last edited by duckfever8; 03-21-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Who wants a Custom Playbook Creator in NCAA 11?

i 2nd this!! just let me take 18-20 of my favorite formations to make my "custom playbook" & Ill be happy!
Old 03-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I emphatically do not want this unless it can be disabled for ODs.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 03-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I emphatically do not want this unless it can be disabled for ODs.
If they add the playbook editor, they probably would have an option to disable custom plays for online games/dynasties, to prevent cheesers.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 03-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Custom playbooks? Absolutely. Just don't limit me to 5 formations and 70 plays or whatever the old restrictions were. I want to create full custom playbooks for offense and defense by combining formations and plays from all across the board.

Custom plays? No. Especially if it is anything like the old create-a-play in Madden, that thing was completely broken, especially the running game. I do admit it would be nice to create some different route combinations, but overall custom plays would be too much of a hassle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I would love just to have the ability to choose which formations/plays are in my playbook. I don't necessarily need to create my own plays, although it could be fun to use. I remember NCAA 2000 and/or 2001, I believe, which had a play creator.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

This is emphatically what has gone wrong with NCAA and Madden. They put in these little additions that mean jack squat like season showdown that no one even had a nightmare about, ever. Then they leave out something like the playbook creator that was the bomb in madden back in the day and yeah the replay value there is off the charts.

At the least, give us the ability to assemble a playbook only with plays that are team specific. Let us pick plays from every book and put into one to take online. It's like a customized playbook but they are all pre-made plays.

Man I would love to see this. Me and my friends use to spend hours a week gameplanning for one another, making up playbooks and trying to best use our teams and it was great. I wish we could do this again so badly. It would be cool to have an option to play online franchises or online games unranked or ranked. Just have specific places to play with them.

You could have:

1. Online ranked- customized playbook allowed
2. Online unranked- customized playbooks allowed
3. Online ranked- no customized playbook allowed

This way you could pick the way you could play. Personally I think that would be really innovative right there. Being able to take YOUR book online and test it out.
We need these sort of implementations. Real life actual football stuff. Not season showdown, or wind socks and field goal nets. Give us some sport!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Custom playbooks? Absolutely. Just don't limit me to 5 formations and 70 plays or whatever the old restrictions were. I want to create full custom playbooks for offense and defense by combining formations and plays from all across the board.

Custom plays? No. Especially if it is anything like the old create-a-play in Madden, that thing was completely broken, especially the running game. I do admit it would be nice to create some different route combinations, but overall custom plays would be too much of a hassle.

The run plays I made back in the day in Madden were the best run plays that I have ever had on any football game. I miss those so much. They were power lead offtackle plays. It took me literally weeks to get the HB steps right and the FB lead right and everything but man they were sick! I would even use some of the stretch blocking schemes for certain plays where the lineman zone blocked and used that. I also found out if you had an original run play like the slam if you took that and created a run the opposite side it was better.

Great run plays!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »