Home

Recruiting accelerators

This is a discussion on Recruiting accelerators within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Recruiting accelerators

OK, I broke down and purchased the advisor, but I'm not sure if it's working or not. Does this automatically download and install once purchased? If so, how can you tell if it's working or not? I didn't see any of the icons showing in the recruiting board screen of the guys I've got targeted.

If I need to install it, where do I go for that?

Thanks

-- Paul Hornung
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting accelerators

It should work automatically after download. When you go into recruiting there should be a little icon of a guy. I think its the second on the bottom left of the "main menu" of recruiting. It won't be showing on the guys your recruiting unless he has unlocked something special for that week such as doubling the prospects interest each time you pitch something. Hope that helps.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by krong1170
It should work automatically after download. When you go into recruiting there should be a little icon of a guy. I think its the second on the bottom left of the "main menu" of recruiting. It won't be showing on the guys your recruiting unless he has unlocked something special for that week such as doubling the prospects interest each time you pitch something. Hope that helps.
What he said.

On the main recruiting screen (with boxes for "my school", "promises", "recruiting board", etc) there's a box for "recruiting adviser." This box is grayed out if you don't have the accelerators (like me). If you bought the accelerators than this box should be selectable. If it's grayed out for you, then I don't know what else you'd have to do.

For what it's worth, all of the recruiting accelerators are already in the game for everyone (even those who didn't pay for them). The only difference is that if you pay for them your recruiting adviser tells you which players have them whereas if you don't pay for them you need to search for them (but they are there).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 03-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks guys.

Where exactly are the icons located on the recruit picture? I had one that committed as soon as I talked to him this week, but I couldn't for the life of me see any indication that he was special before I talked to him...

-- Paul Hornung
Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

When the recruiting advisor tells you that a recruit will sign immediately that week... there is no icon.

You get icons for the player that he tells you is interested, when pitches get unlocked, and for the X2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Gotcha. I guess since I unlocked that mid-season, I won't be able to use it until next season. When I click on the adviser now, it just asks if I want to purchase it. When I select that again, it says I've already unlocked that content.

Thanks for the help guys.

-- Paul Hornung
Old 03-25-2010, 02:16 AM   #7
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

It's the only thing I've ever paid to unlock. It's useful, but it should be included in the game from the get go. Having to pay for it was pretty offensive.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
It's the only thing I've ever paid to unlock. It's useful, but it should be included in the game from the get go. Having to pay for it was pretty offensive.
It is included in the game from the get go. The only thing you get from paying for it is that it tells you which players have hidden interest or X2 or unlocked pitches.

All of those things are already there, you just need to find the guys every week instead of being told who they are.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »