Home

Is Madden "Catch Debugging Tool" in NCAA?

This is a discussion on Is Madden "Catch Debugging Tool" in NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #9
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Is Madden "Catch Debugging Tool" in NCAA?

Catch debugging tool is NOT the big feature for Madden this year.

It was announced far too early to be their big feature for gameplay.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #10
Banned

Zgamer34's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Catch debugging tool is NOT the big feature for Madden this year.

It was announced far too early to be their big feature for game play.
Again it was just IMO. If i was a marketer I probably would tell the Madden fans the big features first. They really can't afford to lose costumers due to Backbreaker and there new physics based football game. You may disagree but If there first announcement was new cleats (or some little feature rather than a large one) They may leave some consumers angry and may lose a lot. More than what you would think.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #11
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgamer34
Again it was just IMO. If i was a marketer I probably would tell the Madden fans the big features first. They really can't afford to lose costumers due to Backbreaker and there new physics based football game. You may disagree but If there first announcement was new cleats (or some little feature rather than a large one) They may leave some consumers angry and may lose a lot. More than what you would think.
But that number would be nowhere near the real amount of angry people if the "catch debugging tool" was their big feature.

Really the catch debugging tool is just a tool that lets the developers see when and why certain animations are triggered and thats it. There is no telling if the tool works with ncaa or only with madden. If it does work with ncaa then they may have used it, but I doubt that it does considering ncaa and madden are two different games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Last year their first announcement was "procedural awareness," which basically meant players' eyes would move when the ball did. This was not one of the big features in Madden and was also included in NCAA. The "catch debugging tool" is not a big feature just because it was announced early. In fact, does it even qualify as a "feature?" I thought it was just something they developed in-house in order to try and fix the catching animations. I would consider this a fairly minor gameplay tweak, not a "feature."
Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
Banned

Zgamer34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Last year their first announcement was "procedural awareness," which basically meant players' eyes would move when the ball did. This was not one of the big features in Madden and was also included in NCAA. The "catch debugging tool" is not a big feature just because it was announced early. In fact, does it even qualify as a "feature?" I thought it was just something they developed in-house in order to try and fix the catching animations. I would consider this a fairly minor game play tweak, not a "feature."
I was lead to believe that it helped the awareness of the WR. That if the WR was about to go out of bounds it would react better than other games. To me, yes thats a feature. Could i be wrong? Hell yeah! lol, but the question is will this feature be in NCAA, not if I'm right or wrong. Again, I think the Madden team and NCAA team both have different things they want to do with there games and I believe its very unlikely they will have this "catch tool feature".

I agree that people would be mad if the "debugging tool" was the big feature but I am just not one to get my hopes up. The game seems to be better when I don't expect so much out of it.

Last edited by Zgamer34; 03-31-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:18 PM   #14
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the thing about pro tack was it was madden trophy for nine man tackling. i think it could have been in the game last year. even the way the line played had pro tack elements so imo the CDT will be in ncaa.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Pro Tak was a back of the box feature for Madden. The Catch Debugging Tool is definitely not back of the box material and will most likely be shared.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
Banned

Zgamer34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Pro Tak was a back of the box feature for Madden. The Catch Debugging Tool is definitely not back of the box material and will most likely be shared.
Weren't the Madden "Big Announcements" Refs, and game-day presentation? Still features not seen until a year later in NCAA.

I believe the two games do learn from each other, but to see this feature in Madden and NCAA both respectively is very unlikely. Even features taken from Madden aren't exact replicas. They tweak them a bit to make them there own. I will be very surprised if this is in NCAA and hopefully that feature works well for Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »