Home

NCAA Football 11: Breaking down what we know

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11: Breaking down what we know within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: NCAA Football 11: Breaking down what we know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinji
It's amazing what presentation can do for a game. Just look at NCAA Basketball. That game had a lot of flaws, but I played the hell out of it just because of the CBS presentation. It wasn't perfect, but it helped big games seem big.

If we can get some sort of ESPN presentation which has been hinted, it could really save this game. Overall I thought the gameplay was decent last year, but the same stale boring presentation and lack of crowd had me trading the game in a month later.

So these initial steps leave me hopeful that finally the series might be going in the right direction.
Yeah, I totally agree. NCAA BASKETBALL 10... the presentation in that game was amazing... I am still playing it and love every second. I want to feel that way about football but sadly I haven't since 06 on ps2. Let's hope 11 is the edition that wins us ALL back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #42
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Formation subs! Finally catching up to the PS2 days.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #43
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
I don't think auto saves means in games saves are in. I'd love it but I'm doubting it.

Still waiting to hear about camera options!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 4
I see they are playing the "Remove then add again a few years later and call it a NEW FEATURE" game again.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:23 AM   #45
Rookie

TheG's Arena

OVR: 5
once again i am frustrated with the lack of care they have for there loyal fans. i buy the game every year since who knows when, but the improvements once it got on the 360/ps3 are complete crap compared to what we had on the last consoles. who the hell cares about refs or numbers on helmets? auto save really? thats a great improvement. last year field goal nets and band on the field for a feature upgrade is stupid. last years gameplay was a major upgrade from the lack of defense there was in 09. but all i want is some of the old stuff. showing closeup of fans. custom signs. actual pregame and halftime stuff. custom play books. make it so you cant just cheese online and run goal line or lob it deep and user catch. these are things that i ask for which are not unrealistic, considering they have all been in previous games on the last console, but now since the graphics are so much better, apparently that should be enough to keep us satisfied. I really feel frustration because it seems like they just keep stringing us along adding a couple things here and there to get back what we had like 5 games ago. yet we are not even close to that point yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3
I hope they fix the throwing and kicking animations this time. I don't know if it's a framerate thing or what but I notice in NCAA 10 and for that matter Madden 10, when kicking a field goal, the ball actually takes off before the kickers foot touches the ball. In realtime it's not to obvious but when you do an instant replay...wow. Also same thing when the QB throws a pass, The ball doesn't take off in sync with the arm's throwing motion. The ball magically takes off before the arm going fully forward. The ball does a half second duck flutter than straightens out before being vacuumed into the receiver. Again painfully evident in replay mode. Anyone else notice this? NFL2K5 mastered this .Hope EA can too.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can we please get the players in trouble again like in the old games it makes the dynasty more fun. Different running styles like in the past and when its a blowout you see the fans leaving just like in the old games.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #48
Rookie

UCFTirade's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 11: Breaking down what we know

Hey guys,

Madden did there talk on locomotion for Madden 11. I think it would be safe to assume that it is the same system for NCAA 11 and it is a little more in depth look at it from Ryan Burnsides. They have some new videos on there as well like the 100 yard dash comparison of acceleration and speed.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...gId=locomotion

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »