Home

Chew Clock Vs. Accelerated Clock?

This is a discussion on Chew Clock Vs. Accelerated Clock? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18
Chew Clock Vs. Accelerated Clock?

I don't know why this haven't been brought up but I felt that last year's chew clock was good but felt it could be better. I hope the producers can make it like Madden where we have a option to choose how many seconds we want to runoff. This way I can get more realistic stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Chew Clock Vs. Accelerated Clock?

I've never played Madden. How is the accelerated clock different than chew the clock?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I've never played Madden. How is the accelerated clock different than chew the clock?

You can choose to let it runoff 15-20-25 seconds. In NCAA I think it only lets you starts off with 15 seconds on the playclock and only when the clock is moving and not on incomplete passes. I might be wrong, I haven't played NCAA since November or December.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
You can choose to let it runoff 15-20-25 seconds. In NCAA I think it only lets you starts off with 15 seconds on the playclock and only when the clock is moving and not on incomplete passes. I might be wrong, I haven't played NCAA since November or December.
basically this, but Chew clock only goes to 12 seconds, and it's not a permanent thing. so you can set chew clock(you turn it on/off at the playcall screen) when your on offense, but the CPU will not use it unless they are winning at the end of the game. so it's not as useful as the accelerated clock in Madden versus the CPU and it is not a substitute for it either.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Yes please give us accellerated clock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
basically this, but Chew clock only goes to 12 seconds, and it's not a permanent thing. so you can set chew clock(you turn it on/off at the playcall screen) when your on offense, but the CPU will not use it unless they are winning at the end of the game. so it's not as useful as the accelerated clock in Madden versus the CPU and it is not a substitute for it either.
So accelerated clock always runs a set amount off the clock (that's set in the sliders or before the game?) for both teams on every play? If so, then it sounds like a way to allow us to play 15 minute quarters and get the same number of plays with the 7ish minute quarters that most sliders use now?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
So accelerated clock always runs a set amount off the clock (that's set in the sliders or before the game?) for both teams on every play? If so, then it sounds like a way to allow us to play 15 minute quarters and get the same number of plays with the 7ish minute quarters that most sliders use now?
pretty much. I didn't play Madden too much, so I don't remember where it was set, But I'm pretty sure it's a setting in the menus and can be adjusted to different timings. the Chew Clock on NCAA is set on/off on the playcall screen and can not be adjusted, and there is no way to "force" you opponent (human or CPU) to use it. it's pretty much only a game finisher to get it over with.

oh and you also got "points" for Season Showdown for using it at the end of the game.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

If Im not mistaken chew clock does happen when the CPU has ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »