Home

EA Announces Tim Tebow as Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete (Press Release)

This is a discussion on EA Announces Tim Tebow as Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete (Press Release) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Announces Tim Tebow as Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete (Press Release)

Heisman Trophy Winner to Be Uniquely Featured on Each Platform Cover

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - April 8, 2010 –Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that former University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow will be featured on the cover of EA SPORTS™ NCAA® Football 11, available in stores July 13th. Tebow is celebrated as one of the greatest college football players in history and is revered as an ambassador of college football.

Tebow was the first sophomore in history to win the coveted Heisman Trophy following his 2007 season as the Florida Gators’ starting quarterback. In that season, Tebow became the first player in NCAA history to rush and pass for at least 20 touchdowns in a single season. Tebow is one of the most decorated college quarterbacks in history, winning the Davey O’Brien Award as the nation’s best quarterback in 2007 and becoming only the second player in NCAA history to earn the Maxwell Award, given to the nation’s top football player, on two occasions.

NCAA Football provides the ultimate experience for the true football fan, delivering the excitement and pageantry that can only be found in college football. NCAA Football 11 will give players 120 ways to win with real college offenses that, for the first time ever, reflect the authentic style of every NCAA FBS school. NCAA Football 11 recreates the intensity of college football Saturdays, achieving all-new levels of quality in core gameplay for the award-winning franchise.

With the major game features scheduled to be announced between now and launch, football fans are encouraged to visit http://www.ncaafootball11.com regularly for the most up-to-date information, including insider blogs written by the NCAA Football 11 development team.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, and licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, NCAA Football 11 will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®2 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Announces Tim Tebow as Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete (Press Release

I really needed a confirmation to believe it.... haha, a little late Steve. Or was this article just released?

― Plato
Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: EA Announces Tim Tebow as Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete (Press Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I really needed a confirmation to believe it.... haha, a little late Steve. Or was this article just released?
the press release is the "official" statement from EA(they release a news update on the NCAA 11 site not that long ago). the other thread was the ESPN.com article.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
Pro

br329's Arena

OVR: 9

If there anybody actually surprised?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea, I knew EA would release their own article. I just completely forgot the other topic was from ESPN.com. Still, as a topic overall, it's late. As for releasing the article, I guess its on time.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not surprised that Tebow will be on the cover. But I don't like the idea of him being on all of the platforms. I think Suh, McCoy, Gerhart, those guys, deserve some cover time. But oh well. Should have expected this.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals
Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

i guess nobody see the part about every team runs there style.i made a tread 120 ways to play 20 min ago. anybody hello
Old 04-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
i guess nobody see the part about every team runs there style.i made a tread 120 ways to play 20 min ago. anybody hello
I noticed that too.Sothats another thing they have added from that list of features.Pretty sure thats more than 2 of them so maybe we will get all those features,I really hope we get the Athletic Director Mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »