Home

CutScenes And Celebrations

This is a discussion on CutScenes And Celebrations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #17
Rookie

Lalangan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: CutScenes And Celebrations

They should add the Duck doing pushups 8D

Old 04-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #18
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

OVR: 4

I loved dunking on the goal post
Old 04-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #19
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Jefe
"I would love to have the ability to customize each skill players "Celebration Level." You could have 3 WR's... one could be like TO... all wild and crazy w/ his ideas, some which may even draw a flag... one could be normal... one could be like Marcus Allen/Barry Sanders... he scores, he turns and gives the ball to the ref."

Oh man,I'd love to see something like that. Have something like a swagger rating.
That would be awesome, Reggie Williams would have the max rating, he dances when he catches a 5 yard slant.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

All these little things plus locomotion would go a long way in making this the best football game to date. I would love to have this scenario play out....

I start my franchise and go into the first game of the season. It shows an aerial view of the stadium and you can see players warming up and stretching. The it shows Miami(0-0) vs Ohio State(1-0). Then the announcers...

Ohio State is coming off a nice win over Marshall last week.

Yea, QB #2(or Terrell Pryor with named rosters) had a nice game. He passed for 173 yards and 2 total TDs with 0 interceptions.

Then the camera cuts down to the field and shows some close ups of players running drills similar to 2k5. It would show Jacory Harris doing some drop backs then passing the ball casually and on a bar near the bottom of the screen it would show his stats from the season before. Then the announcers would say

QB #12(Jacory Harris) had a nice year last year completing 64% of his passes and threw 23 TDs and only 6 Interceptions.

He sure did, but this Ohio State defense should present him with a challenge today

Then the game would show the Ohio State defensive statistics from the week before or last season.

Then we'd see the players come onto the field with authentic entrances, then Miami would come out to boos with a few cheers that are hard to hear. Then we'd get a real coin toss. Then we'd see the players motivating each other and getting pumped up. Then you'd do the kickoff and we'd see little cut scenes throughout the game with commentary that is like MLB 2k10.

We can dream, right?

― Plato
Old 04-11-2010, 02:27 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 13

I wish the QB had at least one other celebration after a TD. It seems like he's always just putting both arms in the air. It'd be nice to see some other stuff. Him high-fiving a linemen, pumping a fist, a subtle point at the receiver, etc. Just little things.

This kind of leads me to think how awesome it'd be if EA had player types like in NBA 2k10. They have things like 'expressive' 'laid back' and 'neutral'. After a big dunk or foul or shot, this option changes how every player will respond. It'd be awesome if we had things like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2010, 02:36 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
I know everybody has been scrambling around about their suggestions about gameplay and different eye candies so I thought to start a thread about an area I see no one has mentioned. Cutscenes and Celebrations. I've played/still playing 10 alot and it gets boring during the game. What follows next are just a couple of my suggestions for cutscenes and celebrations. Feel free to add or discuss.

Cutscenes:

-Player/Coach Interaction: After a turnover, I'd love to see a coach po'd or excited about the event. Or maybe in a tense situation you see the coach talking to his QB or defensive coordinator rallying up his troops. After a big stop in the redzone alot of defensive coordinators run on the field a little bit to celebrate with their players. Tapping on the shoulder pads or helmets.

-Player/Player Interaction: Trash talking is apart of sports. Maybe every once in awhile when players are dominating an individual words are exchanged. Maybe have a cutscene with players jawing with each other back to the huddle. Or after a late hit on the QB, the lineman cutscene of him trying to get at the defensive player vanished(??). If the penalty sliders work better than last year maybe we can see players trying to plead their case or their teammates patting them on the helmet telling 'em to "keep their head up". Handshakes after the game would also be a great scene.

Celebrations:

-Touchdown celebrations. I know in real life celebrations are frowned upon but in the video game world allowing us to choose our celebrations was great. I mean you don't have to go OchoCinco with the celebrations, lol. Maybe allow the QB to sprint down the field after a long/big TD pass to celebrate (they always do, lol). Celebrating with the mascot is fun but sometimes it gets annoying having to run all the way across the endzone to do it.

Big Game Wins:

-After an upset maybe we can see the players respond that way. Have 'em mob each other/storm the field (not the fans, I know the NCAA doesn't want that in the game) or maybe "jump up and down" with the coach.
-A championship win is always topped off with a Gatorade bath. Or maybe if the championship game is out of reach you can show a scene of the players getting the "bath" ready. Or maybe a team captain/coach leading the band in the school fight song.

I have plenty more but these are only a few of my "little" desires. These are the things that would keep me immersed even further into NCAA along with the other upgrades they have planned for NCAA. I'm pretty sure we can think of some great things they can add on this level. If they can't get it in this year's game at least they'll have an idea for '12. If you have more please add. If you think adding cutscenes is stupid, please post. I'll be more than happy to explain my reasoning behind it.
Yea last gen NCAA games had all of this. Used to love winning a close game and seeing coach get bathed in Gatorade, or watching my team carry the coach while he is holding the championship trophy.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ

-Player/Player Interaction: Trash talking is apart of sports. Maybe every once in awhile when players are dominating an individual words are exchanged. Maybe have a cutscene with players jawing with each other back to the huddle.
They actually had that in NCAA 07 for 360, then for whatever reason they decided to completely throw presentation out the window and so that scene disappeared.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »