Home

How NCAA 11 broadcasting should be!!!

This is a discussion on How NCAA 11 broadcasting should be!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How NCAA 11 broadcasting should be!!!

That would be so awesome! Man I would love that game but I learned from the past so I won't be too hopeful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #26
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I think this is as realistic as EA can humanly make it. I would be 200% happy with a call like this (untill :54)

How there's so much excitement in his voice when he says "TO THE ENNNDDDZOOOOONNNEEEEEEE, TOUCHDOWN!" gives me chills every time.

@AdamdotH
Old 04-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #27
Rookie

parrish pinkney's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I think this is as realistic as EA can humanly make it. I would be 200% happy with a call like this (untill :54)

How there's so much excitement in his voice when he says "TO THE ENNNDDDZOOOOONNNEEEEEEE, TOUCHDOWN!" gives me chills every time.
that was a good video,and you notice the ticker on the bottom
Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This big thing with commentary is that you can only record so much dialog. So it will always get stale at some point. You can have those same exact lines from that video in the game about "He had him man on man down the sideline". But after 30 games of hearing the same thing it gets old.

Basically they need to design a tech. Similar to Backbreakers physics system. Make it completely driven on the fly. Being able to give the program a specific voice sound. Such as Nessler or Musburger and then allow the program to commentate on the on field actions.

Basically the game knows when a "spin" is pulled off or if a player "breaks a tackle". These cues could be programed into the commentary to allow "The voice" to commentate on the fly. Which would make the commentary different on every single play, and would keep it fresh years down the road.

So what is needed for this.

1) Tech built from the ground up that allows on the fly commentary play calling.
2) Ability to manipulate the "voice" sound. So all commentary will sound like a person and not a computer.

Now imagine this for example. The software reads cues of whats going on the field to allow the "program" to know what to commentate on.

(Cues program would read to determine dialog)
:Bradster(name in data base), drops back to pass(pass play). Has a man streaking down the sideline(streak play, could comment on any route). Ohhhh man (big play) Smith(name data base) comes down with the ball (catch pass). Spins around the defender(spin + broken tackle). Has day light in front him (No defender in front offensive player). He is at the 25....20...10...touchdown (naming yard mark as ball crosses). What a play by LSU(team). Bradster bought time, made a great throw. Then Smith makes a great play, makes a defender miss and takes it to the house for the touchdown(describing what happened as a whole).

So that is a break down of how a system such as that would key on what is going on. This is how it would sound. Just a example of course.

Nessler (voice program example)
"Bradster, drops back to pass. Has a man streaking down the sideline. OHHH MAN Smith comes down with the ball!! Spins around the defender!! Has day light in front him. He is at the 25....20...10...TOUCHDOWN LSU. What a play by this LSU team. Bradster bought time, made a great throw. Then Smith makes a great play. Makes a defender miss and takes it to the house for the touchdown. Great play LSU."

I can only dream. But this is the kind of advances that need to be pushed to take sports games to the next level.
This is better than what we have now, but I don't think it will fix everything. A combination of this and MLB, NBA 2k10's commentary would be the best idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DsBnBEo-gs

― Plato
Old 04-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #29
Rookie

parrish pinkney's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This is better than what we have now, but I don't think it will fix everything. A combination of this and MLB, NBA 2k10's commentary would be the best idea.

that vid was pretty good
Old 04-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #30
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

One thing I want to point out here, and I mentioned this in another thread on presentation... but after the LSU player scores the announcers say... NOTHING! They just let the viewer soak in the moment...

I'm a musician and one of the greatest things I learned in playing music long ago is that what you DON'T play is just as important... if not more... than what you do play. You have to let music breathe...

The call on that TD was perfect... and the silence that followed the score was perfect as well.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #31
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Completely awesome, would be great if we could get this type of call in the game. It would make the presentation and atmosphere for the game so much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 12:12 AM   #32
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

I am just waiting for them to announce that they have partnered up with PA. Probably wishful thinking though, but man that would be so awesome to have, I am so sick of the current commentary now, I've heard it since I first started playing NCAA Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »