Home

Why Pass Speeds and Arm Strength are so Important in College Football

This is a discussion on Why Pass Speeds and Arm Strength are so Important in College Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Why Pass Speeds and Arm Strength are so Important in College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFA_Falcons
I definitely think arm strength/accuracy need more impact. If you have a Matt Stafford/John Brantley elite qb type, then you should be able to make 'all the throws', and if you have an average qb, then these throws will be harder to complete. And if you have a Chris Todd, then only bubble screens and slants should be completed, everything else should be a incompletion.
Classic...
Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
So true. I remember one of dynasties I had a game where I had about 3 picks and hurt the starting QB. This red shirt freshman comes in and puts in over 250 yards and a couple of TDs (though one of them was completely my fault.) After the game I checked his ratings and was disgusted.
It took you that long? LOL

I check after he completes the first pass.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I think most players look at the wide side of the field and usually throw that way because there is so much room, but it shouldn't be easy. I'd really like to see this fixed.
Well, this is because it works in real life too. Alot of NFL teams put their best #1 WR on the wide side, and it's becoming more and more widespread in offenses.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #20
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Well, this is because it works in real life too. Alot of NFL teams put their best #1 WR on the wide side, and it's becoming more and more widespread in offenses.
College is different--the hash marks are so wide. Outside breaking routes to the far hash to the outside WR almost never happen in college football unless the QB has a designed roll out that way.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #21
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Maybe just have a rating, for experience perhaps, on each player for every position. This could make you think twice about moving that stud junior safety to corner or to linebacker so you can give the incoming 5 star recruit freshman some playing time, while also making your linebacking corp better. If a player has little experience, their base awareness will take a hit, but say, as they get more experience, they get a bonus to their base awareness. Add in a practice mode that actually affects a players ratings and this experience rating, and it could be very fun to mess around with and take the time to actually develop some underclassmen.

I was playing as Minnesota against Ohio State, and I hurt their first, second, AND third string quarterback, believe it or not. So they had their backup receivers rotate in at qb for some strange reason, and guess what. These guys could throw from sideline to sideline with ease. With 40 in THP and 40 in THA. Needless to say I went in and changed the cpu qb accuracy slider to zero. I couldn't stand it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #22
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

So, here's a thought. Why can't they time how long it takes a bullet pass to get from a QB to a 5 yard out on the short side of the field, and make the ball travel that speed in the game. Then have a QB trow to the far side of the field, time it, and use that in the game. Ball physics cannot really be as hard as EA makes it seem. I mean, the flippin ball rotated the wrong direction both the last two years.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #23
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
So, here's a thought. Why can't they time how long it takes a bullet pass to get from a QB to a 5 yard out on the short side of the field, and make the ball travel that speed in the game. Then have a QB trow to the far side of the field, time it, and use that in the game. Ball physics cannot really be as hard as EA makes it seem. I mean, the flippin ball rotated the wrong direction both the last two years.
That would work. I think Madden did a better job with pass speeds last year so hopefully that will make it's way to NCAA
Old 04-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

i agree, you cant input locomotion without also making the passes more realistic. ncaa wants points on the board, i hope at some point they realize they dont need to make the game less sim than madden. all they need to do is spread the ratings out, make fatigue a factor, and the points will come.

every qb on ncaa should not be capable of making nfl throws. thats not to say a weak armed qb shouldnt be able to throw a cross the field pass, but it should be easily defended by a good college defense due to being a wounded duck or inaccurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »