Home

What is the most sacks in one season?

This is a discussion on What is the most sacks in one season? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #25
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5
On this site that's not what SIM means, he talking about not abusing known flaws in the game, ie. Putting dbs at de, sprinting out every play, or any of the "cheese" defenses (there are more).... everyone knows this is a broken game but most people on this site try to win without exploiting that, while you clearly don't care
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #26
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What is the most sacks in one season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut17
On this site that's not what SIM means, he talking about not abusing known flaws in the game, ie. Putting dbs at de, sprinting out every play, or any of the "cheese" defenses (there are more).... everyone knows this is a broken game but most people on this site try to win without exploiting that, while you clearly don't care
What he said. I'd guess that the vast majority of us on here play the vast majority (if not all) of our games. What we mean by SIM is that we don't exploit the stupid CPU and we try to play the game as a real football game is played. To do this we do things like:
  1. Don't run money plays on offense.
  2. Don't create nano-blitzes on defense
  3. Don't use cheesy defenses that wouldn't work in real life, but do work in the game (IE. quarters defense with run commit against 2TE sets)
  4. Implement recruiting "house rules" so that we don't sign ridiculous recruiting classes. Anyone with a halfway decent team can bring in double digit numbers of 5* players, but then you end up with A++++ teams against B CPU teams.
  5. Implement other house rules for gameplay. In '10 I didn't need any other than the obvious stuff in #1-3 above, but in '09, with the broken pursuit angles, I didn't allow myself to sign anyone faster than 90 SPD as they broke the game.
General stuff like that above. If we were able to get ridiculous stats for anyone then there is likely something broken and we'd look to fix it (either by sliders or play style) so that it wouldn't happen.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »