Home

Bring Back HFA Camera Shake

This is a discussion on Bring Back HFA Camera Shake within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Bring Back HFA Camera Shake

Lmao, look at this. This is from 2005 god dammit, and I get more excited watching this video than any other next gen sports game I seen so far. WTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2OZk...eature=related
Old 04-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

I endorse this thread.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Amen man, me too.....and they wonder why people feel the next-gen football games are crucified as being stale and boring. Compare that clip to a clip from NCAA 10 and it will make you fall off your chair laughing..

Bring back HFA!! And long hair!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #12
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Lmao, look at this. This is from 2005 god dammit, and I get more excited watching this video than any other next gen sports game I seen so far. WTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2OZk...eature=related
i wish i still had that game, i think i might need to pick it up because those may have been the best NCAA games ever.

What i want for HFA is this;
I want it to feel like we see on tv. When i watch a big SEC game at night like LSU or Bama you can feel the energy and excitement at those places. Watching it on tv you can still feel the crowd. When it gets so loud the cameras do slightly shake and when you're at those stadiums like you know it feels like the places is shaking. So when you're a player on the field in that situation its going to feel like you can't hear anything and the places is shaking. The crowd needs to be louder, they need to react properly to big plays and get loud at the appropriate times. Pumping them up should result in them getting louder and the stadium starting to shake (depending on the school and stadium and opponent). Whether they want to convey that through a meter like they did on the ps2 versions or whether they just want to do it another way i don't care. The ? icons don't bother me but i don't want them to be like that during the play maybe if they want to make the icons smaller or lighter to reflect that communicating and awareness are harder that'd be fine. The squiggly lines thing doesn't bother me but make it like it used to be where you would have to audible a couple times sometimes to get the play right. I do wish the cpu would get a delay of game penalty once in a while, that'd be really nice. And just get some big play cutscenes that are realistic with a guy trying to pump up the crowd and have the crowd react appropriately to the correct situations.

But right now we got the same commetators, no gameday, no pregame team intros (specific or generic, bands dont count... i mean how do the players just show up on the field? Show them getting there!), no coin toss w/ captains, no players warming up, no postgame sequences, no gatorade bath, no coach or crowd cutscenes, bad td celebrations, hell we're still waiting to be able to give the guys eye black and dreads like they had on last gen... at least make the game feel like it should and get us immersed in the atmosphere so we can turn off the commentators, listen to the PA guy and feel like we're at the stadium.

I really just wish i could take NCAA 05 or 06 and just put next gen graphics on those games and thats all i would need.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 04-20-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I was never a big fan of the camera shake, but I liked the fact that you could still use HFA and have the shake turned off. It's all about giving players options. EA seems to scale things back and almost force the user to play the game a certain way.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I liked it.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 26

Absolutely love this feature as well. I think it's perfectly implemented in ps2. I'm starting to get amped for NCAA '11 ps2 already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 62

I don't miss it that much but it was a nice feature. In line with what the OP said, if it was combined with unbearable crowd noise or everything being drowned out by like the Warchant or whatever other schools have it would be a good feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »