Home

When will EA realize that you can't have a QB...

This is a discussion on When will EA realize that you can't have a QB... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: When will EA realize that you can't have a QB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
No it's not, at it's core, every OL interaction seems to be based on interior DL vs interior OL. It works well in the middle of the line, but on the edges, this requires different animations, physics and logic.

They've attempted to fix it by giving ends unrealistic methods of getting to the QB. Unfortunately, what that does is also give those same advantages to interior defensive lineman.

At minimum, they need two archetypes for each OL and DL. Don't make them all play like interior linemen.

I really dont mind that the DTs and DEs have the same move sets, but what I would like to see is a difference between the power move/finesse move ratings. It seems like there is no difference in how you can use the moves.

Plus the only moves that work are the rip, and spin move. The bullrush is a fail, and to this day, I have yet to pull off a swim move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Lbzrule has not only informed EA but posted videos and broke it down but they simply ignore it. There's nothing that can be done fellas.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #43
MVP

Lemme pose this question...would any of you call me a "cheeser" if I took control full time of my edge rushers and charged straight up field myself?

This is what I have resorted to doing. 4-3 I control the wideside DE all game, 3-4 the same, and if I have a OLB blitzing, I control him.

I do a charge right up field, angling to the outside shoulder of the OT and either beat the OT with speed, or spin move back inside, or rip him, if I encounter resistance.

Its the only way I have come across to keep scramblers from sprinting out and just prancing to the outside of edge rushers.

Ive had a handful of people in ranked land call me "skillless" for doing this, (usually because I will hot route a DL into a zone, or spy..so he cant just waltz back around the other way.) but I'll do what I will have to, within the realm of fair play, to have my edge rushers do their job, and play their gap

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 04-22-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #44
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i dont think they ignore it, i think they dont understand it. i would be shocked if any dev really watches football to where he tivo's a game and focus on the match ups, to see why some guys are unblockable.

their jobs it seems is with tech they can work on ncaa them moonlight on a FPS.

it was hard for me study 30 hrs a week and watch football, i knew the basics but after i finished i was watching nfl network 5 hrs before kick off watching edge nfl match up got the breakdown or plays, looked at blocking, at first it seemed like 5 guys picking a man and holding him,

but only when looked at closely you realize OL position is a tough job a technical job that requires skill....

i doubt we have anyone thats a student of the game designing these games.

a consultant with football IQ with attention to detail should be working with the tech guys for weeks but i doubt it.

militaly movies often have consultants ex military etc showing actors how to stuff like breaching a room or holding a gun etc

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #45
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

sporty it is a cheese because the OL isn't programmed to adapt to that strategy

not that you are a cheeser but doing something when you know the game or user cant compensate is cheese EVEN IF YOUR TACTIC IS REALISTIC OR COMMON SENSE

unless the other user can control a lineman and pick you up manually he has to rely on the cpu which will miss you 90% of the time making it look like a cheese

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
sporty it is a cheese because the OL isn't programmed to adapt to that strategy

not that you are a cheeser but doing something when you know the game or user cant compensate is cheese EVEN IF YOUR TACTIC IS REALISTIC OR COMMON SENSE

unless the other user can control a lineman and pick you up manually he has to rely on the cpu which will miss you 90% of the time making it look like a cheese
I understand what you are saying.

So is a manual DL user just screwed then?
Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I understand what you are saying.

So is a manual DL user just screwed then?
You can try with interior DL and bash the crap out of the swim/bull rush buttons
Old 04-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #48
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Madden fixed this... why can't NCAA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »