Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #49
Banned

wryly's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Ahh, this is GREAT to hear. IGN has been historically negative about the EA football and basketball games, sometimes warranted and sometimes, I didn't think so but this guy got me more than enthused with his hands on. Coming from an IGN writer, this means a lot to me although I don't let what they say dictate how I feel about a game. It just means that, for once, a EA Sports football game actually IMPRESSED an IGN writter!
You seem to be confused. IGN's ratings for the NCAA series are consistently higher than both the metacritic and user rating. You can find a clear correlation between big studios, exclusive IGN previews, and abnormally favorable reviews. GTA IV is probably the best example of this.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #50
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
despite the new ESPN broadcast graphics seen throughout this year's game, the fact that we won't be seeing player models for Nessler and Herbstreit anytime soon.
Does anyone else take this as a possible subtle hint to no college gameday with Fowler and gang at a desk? I guess there could still be a show but with no player (announcer) models. Obviously a stretch, but it crossed my mind when reading it.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 34

Nope..not going to do it.

The video speaks volumes....and I am going to trust what my eyes are telling me until further notice.

gameplan feature......that means another year of this jump the snap stench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Did I see the football actually FULLY rotating and rotating CORRECTLY??? Whoa-dip! I'm going to like this game, mucho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wryly
You seem to be confused. IGN's ratings for the NCAA series are consistently higher than both the metacritic and user rating. You can find a clear correlation between big studios, exclusive IGN previews, and abnormally favorable reviews. GTA IV is probably the best example of this.
Possibly when it comes to NCAA but I just remember an overall tone that their reviews have which is usually negative when it comes to the EA Sports football and b-ball games.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #53
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Did I see the football actually FULLY rotating and rotating CORRECTLY??? Whoa-dip! I'm going to like this game, mucho.
the ball spun during gameplay and in replays on the 360 version last year. it was only the PS3 version that had that problem apparently. not sure what system those videos were taken from.(most likely 360 though)
Old 04-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #54
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

At 1:46 of the video, look at the Texas safety properly back peddle. Thank you EA.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #55
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

That video was pretty good.

The players just look better. They move better. The animations are smoother. The cuts are more fluid. The little touches are really starting to add up.

I'm really excited to get my hands on the controller to get the new feel of the game.

Thanks Solidice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #56
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Definitely liked that last vid a lot better. Some minor notes from the videos and info I've seen/read so far.

*If people don't see the difference between the juke moves from this year to last, then you're not watching it correctly.
*Throwing motion looks more or less exactly the same.
*Im hoping that duel stick takes away the super spin.
*Blocking looks much improved in the secondary.
*Hit stick seems to have taken a shot, which is good news to most including myself.
*Even an attempt at 120 different play styles can't turn out to be bad. Although I don't think it will be great. I think most of the more prominent (G.Tech, Florida, Michigan, Navy, Air Force, USC, BSU, ect) playbooks will be hit on the head.
*I played NCAA Basketball 10, and the presentation was awesome and made the game playable. If NCAA Football 11 can pull that off, with what I already considered playable gameplay, I'll be very happy.
*I'm really worried about wide receivers not looking for the ball and still being able to catch it. Its something that annoys me in both MLB games and Football games.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »