Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #57
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i thought the article gave a lot of good info. So the leaning and dual stick running that is in Madden is also in NCAA, playbooks reflect each team, the AI having better awareness towards holes, the hit stick has changed so you have to line the guy up so hit stick wont be abused, the auto-turbo can be turned on or off but it's to allow the cpu to decide when you should turbo instead of people abusing turbo and just using it all the time. I think this game is now up to Madden in terms of whats in the game and i think they might have passed. It seems like this game is more parallel with Madden and should have been the game that came out last year.

I think people will be pleased with this game even though it will have flaws and things missing.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #58
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i love the sound of 120 ways to win. I love that Missouri and teams that run the no huddle spread where they look to the sidelines will now do that in the game. Its like in Madden how they have Manning audible so much, now we finally get teams looking and playing like they should.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Once again just with all the other info, going to take this with a grain salt considering the nature of previews. I have never read a preview for any game that didn't make the game sound great including the previews about the last couple NCAA's.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 04-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the ball spun during gameplay and in replays on the 360 version last year. it was only the PS3 version that had that problem apparently. not sure what system those videos were taken from.(most likely 360 though)
Whoa, damn! That's not cool. All this time they can't get the ball to rotate correctly on the PS3??? I really hope they fixed that, this year, but as for the video, most likely it was the 360 version, as usual, since it's their lead console.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #61
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the ball spun during gameplay and in replays on the 360 version last year. it was only the PS3 version that had that problem apparently. not sure what system those videos were taken from.(most likely 360 though)
Ian actually went over this in the Madden forum last year; the ball doesn't spin on PS3 (replays only) because of how the replays are done and compressed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #62
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Ian actually went over this in the Madden forum last year; the ball doesn't spin on PS3 (replays only) because of how the replays are done and compressed.
It doesnt spin at all
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #63
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
It doesnt spin at all
It's just replays man, I promise you. The replays are extremely compressed (especially on PS3), so a ton of frames are lost, including the ball rotation. A great example is Madden last year. Before the game was patched, the replays were "decent" but the ball would actually rotate the wrong direction. However, when they released the patch to make the replays longer, they had to compress them more, and we completely lost the rotation during replays.

It's a replay thing, having to do with the amount of imediately available memory on the PS3.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
It's just replays man, I promise you.
I've seen the ball spin on replays too. At one point I was compiling highlights to eventually start a "so, the ball doesn't spin?" thread, but I stopped caring. It spins in game, and in replays, just not all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »