Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #65
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
After reading the review... thanks OS... I am extremely curious about the Run & Shoot Offense they have listed. Thank God, Mary and Joseph they eliminated the Run & Gun which was never the same as the Run & Shoot. However, I have been following and studying this offense since seeing it for the first time in 1984 in the USFL w/ Jim Kelly and the Houston Gamblers.

There are so many little details in this offense and I will be extremely curious to see if they actually have it correct in the game. But... I am excited that the offense appears to be back. While a lot of teams utilize this scheme it was June Jones and his success at Hawaii and now, w/ SMU, that have kept this offense prominent. Here's hoping EA gets it right.
Just wanted you to know that the specific example I was given by Russ for the inspiration of the run and shoot was SMU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #66
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
They won't get it right in the game, cmon man, we heard all last year that the playbooks were overhauled to be much more like the real teams and yet Hawai'i's playbook was nothing like what they really run in real life. And Ohio State's was also not much better (although in EA's defense they changed offenses several times throughout the year).

You guys can't be falling for all this stuff again can you? I mean nothing wrong with being optimistic but it seems some of you guys are just setting yourself up for huge disappointment here.
I have several playbooks and QB manuals from the Houston Gamblers, Hawaii Warriors and NY/NJ Knights {Mouse Davis was Coach in WFL early 90's} and I know how comprehensive this scheme is. Do I believe they will have all that in the game? No. Heck, I have been asking for the Shovel Pass since 2006/07.

But... if they can at least have option routes for all 5 receivers {4 WR/ 1 RB} and the option routes are good, sensible option routes, that will be a huge step forward. Ideally they will have this along w/ timing being the key... in other words, your QB {you} makes the correct read and delivers the ball to the right WR at the right time, the reward should be good chunks of yardage. You make the wrong read or are late with the pass... that should hurt you, just as in real life.

This would also affect how you recruit WR's... not only will agility and acceleration be keys, but so would awareness. Guys w/ low AWR will not run the correct routes... man... I am cautiously optimistic that they get this down pat at last.

The OS review is something a little more tangible and provides a bit more hope. Time will tell.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #67
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
No dreads this year per Roy. There were too many other critical things to fix this year. Look for them in 2012.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #68
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
LOL...I will fully surrender once I see gameplay videos and play the demo! It does sound like NCAA is gonna be niiiccceeee this year!!
yes.......... come to the darkside my son
Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 36

It's amazing how one preview can change everyone's feelings about the game.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 04-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
They won't get it right in the game, cmon man, we heard all last year that the playbooks were overhauled to be much more like the real teams and yet Hawai'i's playbook was nothing like what they really run in real life. And Ohio State's was also not much better (although in EA's defense they changed offenses several times throughout the year).

You guys can't be falling for all this stuff again can you? I mean nothing wrong with being optimistic but it seems some of you guys are just setting yourself up for huge disappointment here.
As I read the preview, I thought to myself, were are all the videos to back what he is saying, because to date what he wrote ain't been seen. Ill concede the benefit of the doubt because the guy has played the game, but this is all very similar to last year. Great pre-release write ups then the actual game comes up way short.

Save this preview and document it. Come July we will find out if this was gospel or snake oil.

I have said it a lot. If your game is really good and you believe in it. You wont have nothing to hide. In fact you cant wait to show it off. If you want your pre-orders to go way up and what you have made is like crack, you are gonna show it off. If its garbage, then yeah, you gonna hide it, and sell hype to try and get them pre-orders up.

This aint no "we gotta hide our tech from the competition" thing going on here. There aint no college football competition. This is the only game in town. No real reason to hide anything at this point. Which is why I cant understand the "it was a mistake game play release video stuff" OK, it was a mistake......where is the video you meant to release ?!? That HAS to be in existence NOW, else how was what they showed labeled the "mistake" show me the money....where is that video they wanted to show ?

I have been holding my tongue on most of this "release info" because I want to wait and see what the final product will be before passing judgement. However I just found it odd, they release a crap gameplay vid, then say oh nah that was some old build, but then don't release what they planned to release. Then on top of that, see your madden brothers release a video and the game play looks a lot like what we have in our hands already.

No judgment yet from me....just things that make me go hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 9
Wow. I didnt think it was possible, but im sold. ESPN presentation AND specific team entrances? Refs on the field. New equipment? Iv been asking for that since the leap to the next gen systems. Its been some time, but im coming back to the NCAA franchise. Great job EA. I need to see no more. You have my 60 bux.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 39

Alright, alright... that sounded pretty promising, but I need to hear more.

Glad to hear that the first vid was (apparently) a mistake. I bet whoever let that out is currently looking for a new job.

Entrances Blog next PLEASE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »