Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview: 120 Ways To Win (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview: 120 Ways To Win (Gamespot) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 11: 120 Ways To Win - Gamespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I think what gives me the most hope from reading all the press releases and reviews, is that all the features being touted are "on the field" gameplay and presentation type stuff. Not a bunch of season showdown or anything fluffy or frivolous like that. It really seems they are truly concentrating on improving the gameplay, and judging by the early reviews, it appears they've done so.
Agree 100%. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
Rookie

reco's Arena

OVR: 8
gamespot video

gamespot.com has a new video tried to post it but dont know how i guess.

Last edited by reco; 04-27-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #19
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: gamespot video

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6259975...=picks;title;2

Not really anything new.

Last edited by mrMagic91; 04-27-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #20
Rookie

reco's Arena

its a interview with ben and russ
Old 04-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #21
Rookie

reco's Arena

thanks dude!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #22
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

4sho. They're just showing the same stuff now. I want to at least get a little taste of that ESPM presentation. It must not be much since they havent showed any of it yet. I cld care less about the 120 ways to win. lol. The CPU will just be a little smarter is all they are saying
Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
4sho. They're just showing the same stuff now. I want to at least get a little taste of that ESPM presentation. It must not be much since they havent showed any of it yet. I cld care less about the 120 ways to win. lol. The CPU will just be a little smarter is all they are saying
No... The ESPN presentation will probably be on the same level of NCAA Basketball 10 which was good. The reason they aren't showing much of it is because all of the videos coming out are from the gameplay event. The event was meant to show off 120 ways to win, locomotion, etc. It was meant to show off the new presentation.

And it does not mean The CPU will just be a little smarter is all they are saying. It means the teams will play like themselves and playbooks will be a lot more authentic. We'll now have plays the teams ran last year. We won't be stuck with a basic playbook each team had, we'll have a greatly detailed playbook. Judging from the videos, I've seen a lot of new plays that are unique to one team. Thats a great sign.

Also, the CPU isn't going to just call plays better, they're going to play better. With what I said earlier, teams have authentic playbooks. So the CPU will call plays that that team really called last year. Also, the new 120 ways to win comes with a tweaked AI if I am not mistaken that will make the CPU aware of what the situation is so they call the plays like the real team did. They'll run the same 1st and 10 plays, 3rd and medium plays, etc.

The CPU will also play more like their real life doppleganger. If you played against Missouri in any past NCAA game, they'll have a spread playbook, but that is it. Now, they'll be as authentic as ever. They'll have their real plays and they'll run them like in real life. In the old NCAA games, when laying Mizzou, they still huddled up and gave you time to rest, make subs, etc. Now, in 11 they'll constantly run the no huddle offense like in real life. So not only are they going to call a realistic game, they'll play one too. When playing Missouri in 11, I'll have to make big plays or my defense will become tired fast.

The CPU is not going to just call plays smarter, its going to play tons more realistic. Stop hating and listen to what they are actually saying...

― Plato
Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #24
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

Nicely put.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »