Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 11 First REAL in-game footage

Same gripe I have with Madden... why go through all the effort of putting these presentation elements into the game if you're just going to ruin it by allowing it to be interrupted with the playcall screen? it especially kills me that it happens with scenes that are only going to last 3 seconds tops.

^^^ What's the point of that?

But above just that glaring mistake in design, it boggles my mind that they'd do it to a replay of all things (you see it happen in the brief replay shown in the video)...

... a replay? Seriously guys? The very idea of a replay is so the viewer can, ya know, SEE THE PLAY?! I guess the word obstruction is just not in their vocabulary

They just don't get it. They simply don't get it

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-24-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #42
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Liked that video alot. Graphics and lighting do very good and much improved. Movement in general looks improved with locomotion. My favorite part was the qb read play he ran that actually worked correctly where the de actually crashed in giving him room to run. That play is important in running certain spread offenses.

The one negative is the o-line vs d-line interaction did look the same as last year at least on passing plays. I was hoping that area would receive alot attention. DE still don't get upfield at all and run straight into the OT, wasn't expecting that to be fixed completely but I was hoping it would at least be better than last year.

Overall though looks like I may actually be able to enjoy the game this year. We will see, hopefully that is the case. Some things obviously can only be analyzed in depth by playing the game.

I may have two football games to enjoy this year with this and Backbreaker. That would be great if they both turned out well.
I agree with the OL and DL. Didnt like to see the DEs on the ground at the same time. It that is fix I believe this could be a pretty decent game. Also wish they would add yard markers.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #43
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Russ goes for it on 4th down too much

Small feature, but I think when you select FG it tells you how long it is going to be.
actually, there are a ton of cool new things that make playcalling more accessible. fg length for one, but also if the play is run/pass, it tells you the icons for a receiver's routes, and a couple of other things i think that just make the experience better. in general, the playcall screen is less intrusive to the view of the presentation.

speaking of presentation, it looked good, but please EA, please show more post play instead of the stadium pan. thats not like a real broadcast. stick to cutscenes/real time post play/replays
Old 04-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #44
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Still no signs of this facemask in any of the videos.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:34 AM   #45
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Same gripe I have with Madden... why go through all the effort of putting these presentation elements into the game if you're just going to ruin it by allowing it to be interrupted with the playcall screen? it especially kills me that it happens with scenes that are only going to last 3 seconds tops.

But above just that, it boggles my mind that they'd do it to a replay of all things...

... a replay? Seriously guys? The very idea of a replay is so the viewer can, ya know, SEE THE PLAY?! I guess the word obstruction is just no in their vocabulary

i understand what you're saying, but how could you make the playcall screen not take over the presentation. you could tell that russ was def. skipping cutscenes, and specifically that replay, which then cuts to the playcall screen. (which is really slick actually and less obtrusive than last years) i dont get how avoid having the playcall screen disrupting presentation unless you force the user to watch the real time post play/ cutscenes/replays. as for me, i would def. sit through all the presentation elements.

Unless of course the playcall screen comes up regardless of the user skipping the presentation... then i would understand your frustration.

but...it seemed clear to me that russ was skipping everything to show off as much as possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #46
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Another thing I noticed was the camera angle. Rudy made a thread about how the old camera was in the game, but the camera in this vid looked like the '10 camera. I couldn't see either outside receiver in the normal presnap camera angle.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
But above just that glaring mistake in design, it boggles my mind that they'd do it to a replay of all things (you see it happen in the brief replay shown in the video)...

... a replay? Seriously guys? The very idea of a replay is so the viewer can, ya know, SEE THE PLAY?! I guess the word obstruction is just not in their vocabulary

I'm confused what happens during the replay? can you point to a time mark so I can watch the video again and look for what you're talking about?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Perhaps a 3-4 defense will work correctly?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »