Home

Field Goal Nets (Or lack thereof)

This is a discussion on Field Goal Nets (Or lack thereof) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Field Goal Nets (Or lack thereof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude
First of all, did you just ask for physics for Field Goal nets? Why does it even matter? I'm not trying to be *** or anything, but seriously.

Second, that is the most used excuse for people asking for stuff like this in the Madden/NCAA Forums.
agreed, i mean really? Really? We're complaining about the physics for the FG nets? I understand the ball hits it like a brick wall but who really cares since it has 0 impact on anything. If anything they should concentrate on making field goals actually blockable before they worry about the FG nets. Same with punts.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #18
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I dunno. I laugh EVERY time I see the field goal net moving at one frame per second and the ball just hitting a wall and dying. If you're gonna have it in the game, don't put it in in 3 seconds. Make it worthwhile.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 04-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I dunno. I laugh EVERY time I see the field goal net moving at one frame per second and the ball just hitting a wall and dying. If you're gonna have it in the game, don't put it in in 3 seconds. Make it worthwhile.
i think they just threw it in because people were asking for it.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #20
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude
The reason I said it was the most used excuse was because it is. Every thread that wants the very very small detail will use the excuse "Gameplay is more important, but it would be nice if they put this in". Just because people are making threads about dreadlocks doesn't mean you should make a thread about Field Goal Nets.
He has just as much of a right to start a new thread as anyone else. If he wants to make a thread about how he wants pink socks then so be it. Nobody forced you to open up his thread.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 AM   #21
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

For some odd reason, it kinda irks me when the net doesn't move after a field goal...weird

The ball hitting the net and the net actually responding was a nice touch in the old NFL Fever games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #22
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zasnow
He has just as much of a right to start a new thread as anyone else. If he wants to make a thread about how he wants pink socks then so be it. Nobody forced you to open up his thread.
His motive for stating what he did was basically forum clutter. If you look now their are at least 4 threads with interviews that are stating the same thing. FG nets aren't that important at the moment. Like someone else stated, make 'em blockable or make a new kicking system before mentioning nets.

This something that could of went on the NCAA Wishlist thread/forum...
Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #23
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
This something that could of went on the NCAA Wishlist thread/forum...
So could dreads, and presentation upgrades, and threads about blocking, and threads about locomotion, and...need I go on?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #24
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

2 things:

1. In the recent interviews they have stated thet OL/DL interaction has been redone, so read up on the interviews to see if you like what they seem to be improving in that area.

2. FG nets are in and as Adam has explained previously once a feature is in, it takes up less space the next year thus this year they will be adding another feature.
Like pregame, refs or even potentially hair.

So nothings finished yet...but with the footage out it may have missed the boat this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »