Home

Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty Mode

I would love DC/OC's added and could really use them to impact your recruiting and also implement them into a coaching carousel ala CH series.

Coordinators are a huge part of football. Getting a new one or losing one can impact so much. Look at Bo Pelini leaving LSU, D struggled, or even great coord's like Guz Malzahn the man is a genious with Offenses. This carousel effect can impact so many things in Dynasty. Even if they are generic O Coord and D Coord where I can edit the names. At least when I leave as coach from Miami and take a job at Notre Dame the new head coach at Miami isn't Kent St Head Coach. It could be Miami OC or something a little realistic.

I would also like if they allowed us to edit the recruiting classes. I create the max guys each dynasty, but they are already generating all of them why not let me edit them. And make everything able to be edited, state, ht, wt, pos etc. I am tired of 5* MLB from Nebraska along with tons of 4*. I also think we should be able to edit their top-5 top-10 schools. It would make creating the real ones a lot more realistic. And for the third graders that EA like to make sure they add stuff for (Mascot games) they could also make every star wanna go to their school. But for Sim guys we can create the Seantrel Henderson's of the world and have the battle with ND, Minn, USC, Fla going after them. Instead of me creating Blake Bell from Kansas and trying to get him interested in Oklahoma and he keeps signing with Tennessee or Nebraska.

But I would settle for editing them alone. Without the school thing.

Last edited by joschuma; 04-27-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
Shouldn't there be a way to change your rivals? Say if you play a team 3 years in a row or something and they're close games they should be your rival. If not then let the user be able to customize the rivalry games.
I think it should be editable but needs a lot more then 3 yrs of close games. Rivalries don't change much. And when they do it is over a long period of time. I mean Oklahoma and Nebraska were huge rivals from the 70's to the 90's but it has died down. But should be able to change I mean K-State became a power in the late 90's early 00's and is now considered a lower rival of Nebraska after competing for the Big XII and Big 8.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #43
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Here's the #1 change I'd like to dynasty, which is a multi-parter.

1. Have the CPU recruit correctly and competitively.
1a. Huge schools (USC, Fla, aOSU, etc) can recruit with user controlled huge schools and outrecruit user controlled lesser teams. Medium CPU schools can compete with medium user schools, etc.
1b. They only recruit players that fit their system. I've seen flexbone teams in '10 recruit slow pocket passers. With their new "120 ways to win" which includes 9ish basic offensive types, this should be easy. Just add an internal flag to each recruit for team style. Then only allow (a) recruits to be interested in schools that match their style, and (b) teams to only recruit players that fit their style.
1c. They recruit decent depth. In '10 it was worlds better than '09, but you still end up with teams with too many guys at some positions, but not enough at others.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
Shouldn't there be a way to change your rivals? Say if you play a team 3 years in a row or something and they're close games they should be your rival. If not then let the user be able to customize the rivalry games.
agreed.

rivals should be dynamic. similar to the schools status as a 4, 5 or 6 star school, etc. rivalry's should be dynamic.

say on a scale of 1-10, with bama-au, mich-osu, nd-usc, uf-fsu, ut-bama, tex-ou, fsu-miami, etc, etc. being 8-10's. almost everyone has at least 1 on this level of hatred. basically, the ones that are currently listed a rivals in the game should be on this 8-10 level.

then, all teams in a conference that arent really heated rivals need to at least be in the mid ranges. with room to grow. 4-6 for most, with a few being 7's. for example, the bama-lsu game has heated up a good bit in the last couple years for multiple reasons, including the saban factor and also bama's resurgence and lsu's recent dominance with both fighting for the top spot in the sec west.

then most ooc games with non-rivals (e.i., not uga-gt, usce-clem, etc) should be in the lower end with a lot of room to grow. like if you decide bama and psu will start up the semi-rivalry from way back (like we're actually doing ), playing about 2 series a decade, then that could grow into the mid-upper levels after several good games.

and if 1 team starts dominating the series, or if they stop playing for changing conf or whatever, then it should start to decrease (a lot and quickly if they arent playing, slower and less quickly if one team is just dominating - in fact, in that case it should heat up for a few years then if it continues for several years it should taper off.)

just my thoughts
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #45
Banned

gocards055's Arena

OVR: 7

Anyone when the next blog drops?

Thought it was today but, as of now there isn't anything new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #46
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards055
Anyone when the next blog drops?

Thought it was today but, as of now there isn't anything new.
they don't really have any set time to release them. we don't even know if they will even be one this week.

the last blog was on a Thursday, the one before that was on a Monday. the others I believe were all on a Thursday. so Thursday would probably be the best bet for the next blog, if there is one this week.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #47
Banned

gocards055's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
they don't really have any set time to release them. we don't even know if they will even be one this week.

the last blog was on a Thursday, the one before that was on a Monday. the others I believe were all on a Thursday. so Thursday would probably be the best bet for the next blog, if there is one this week.
Alright thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #48
Rookie

I'm not expecting anything new in this years edition. Looking back over the years on this current gen there hasn't been anything added or any changes made that make the game have unlimited replay value. As deep as dynasty mode could be, they dont care enough about it. They care more about saying they have a dynasty mode than having a great legendary dynasty mode. They just dont care if its good only that they have one.

So if anyone really expects something great this year I have to ask you what did you receive the last 5 years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »