Home

How EA Could Make the National Championship Better

This is a discussion on How EA Could Make the National Championship Better within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How EA Could Make the National Championship Better

What ways do you guys think that EA could make the national championship game better?

I was playing '10 today and my biggest pet peeve was how it was light out during the game. All the NC games are all played at night time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: How EA Could Make the National Championship Better

Make the atmosphere a lot more intense. Make the crowds louder. Make the players act more pumped than ever. Celebrating after plays even if its a little play. Make the commentary realize its the title game and talk about how each team made it there. Imagine this...

"Miami comes into this title looking to bring home the trophy for the 6th time. They come into this game ranked as the number 1 team with a 12-0 regular season record and an ACC championship with that too. One of their most impressive wins was their 21-17 victory over #4 Virginia Tech in Week 5 of the season. They really showed us then they had the potential to reach this stage. They come into this game with the 3rd best defense in the nation and have some big name players on that front 4. Moncru sticks out most in my mind. he comes into this game with his best year statistically. He recorded a Miami record 18 sacks and also had 62 tackles to go with it....."

That would add to the immersion. Add the teams getting pumped before the game, and most of all, show the crystal ball sitting on the sideline away from everything. Zoom in on it and talk about past BCS champions and what it means to just be there at the game.

― Plato
Old 04-25-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
Rookie

cgraves45's Arena

OVR: 2

My biggest complaint about the bowl games in general is the lack of the feeling of how big they really are. I almost have to add my own excitement to the game. I wish they could somehow make those games feel like they do in real life.

The NC need some build. Give us some special broadcasts, entrances, half time shows, and end game celebration. Not the typical everyone slowly walking off the field as if they're ust slaves being told to go out and play football or die. There is harldy any excitement brought out by the game itself.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgraves45
My biggest complaint about the bowl games in general is the lack of the feeling of how big they really are. I almost have to add my own excitement to the game. I wish they could somehow make those games feel like they do in real life.

The NC need some build. Give us some special broadcasts, entrances, half time shows, and end game celebration. Not the typical everyone slowly walking off the field as if they're ust slaves being told to go out and play football or die. There is harldy any excitement brought out by the game itself.
Definitely special pre-game broadcasts, even if it's just something as simple as listed the records, schedules, season stats, star players, the two teams career records against each other, etc. There needs to be something like this added to make the NC feel more important than the other games.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by its flav
What ways do you guys think that EA could make the national championship game better?
This kind of ties in w/ Canes21 and what he said. During the season you have the option of saving highlights each week. Say you win 37-10 you may only save one, but say you win 38-37 on a last second TD you may save all five of the allowed videos.

What I would like to see is if you get to the NC they show the highlights you saved during the season...

Like this...

"You are looking live... at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. Welcome fans to the BCS National Championship Game. This is what it's all about. Tonight we have two teams who worked hard and overcame some adversity on their way to college football's biggest stage.

Let's first take a look at the Ohio State Buckeyes and their journey to the game this evening...
{They then show highlights of their season w/ the announcer commenting on each one}

And now, let's look at the Hurricanes of Miami. 13-0 record. ACC Championship. Here's how it all began. In week one they got off to a good start and even caught a glimpse of some new freshmen, including this guy, number 99, defensive tackle, Reggie Pear. In week five they found themselves down 14-17 with 2:37 to play and starting at their own 12 yard line. But the 'Canes drove the length of the field and behind the arm of Jacory Harris they scored this touchdown with just :11 seconds left, elevating them to an impressive 21-17 win..."

If they could incorporate your highlights into the pre-game that would be the bomb!

This post is dedicated to Canes21...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

pretty much what everyone else has said add a storyline to it. Tell the story of the season , upset wins, close loses and big time and unexpected players or leaders for that year.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2

One thing that MUST be fixed, for all neutral site games in general, is the fact that only the "home" team gets a crowd in those games.

Nothing is a bigger letdown than getting to the NC, seeing the stadium half full of your fans, but being the "away" team so you don't get any fan support at all.

Only the team listed as the home team is able to pump up the crowd and generate any fan noise at all. Bothers me to no end.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

More attention to the players who made a difference on how the teams got there. and please a championship presentation. The game is super wack. I dont feel rewarded after that. I just feel like it was a regular game. Add the confetti and other real stuff. Thanks for this post. This is one of my top request for NCAA 11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »