Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Said this in the other thread at the mention of non-broadcast angles for replays. That replay shown didn't look bad, but you could easily take it to an unrealistic extreme. Several of the camera pans of the stadiums in 2009 and 2010 are totally unrealistic. Some people may think they look cool, I don't. But I would sacrifice cool effects for immersion. I think the opening kickoff sequence looks cool, but is out of place because no camera in real life could shoot at such an angle. I'd much rather see kickoffs shown from the wire camera linked with a cut scene from the sidelines or the return man.
Yeah, they're clearly choosing "wow, that looks cool!" over realistic. It's not even debatable, he put it out there himself in the video.

The sad part is, they don't realize that realistic is cool. Made-up is lame.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #34
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Sounds to me that they're aware that they could do it right, they just don't want to. What goes through their minds to refuse to do it right, we may never know. It all goes back to the "beyond broadcast" mentality. No one wants that, we just want broadcast.

Is this not one of the most absurd thought processes we've ever seen? It's become comical at this point
I think it depends on the definition of "right." For some, "right" might be to copy what's done on TV. For others, what's "right" might be to make it look good and better than what you see on TV. Saying that "no one wants [beyond broadcast]" is ignorant as there have been a lot of people in these various threads who've said that they like the replay better than what they see on TV.

In order to disprove your point, you don't need to look further than this very thread.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #35
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

For those of you who think that everyone wants things to mimic what's seen on TV, here are some quotes from just this very thread of people who liked the replay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessep07
Those replays looked ridiclous...in a good way
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Jessep07 - I second that emotion. I noticed that in one of the other vids but didn't speak on it. It looks really good AND in this vid, which really isn't about locomotion (another EA vid misnomer, today), they show a good defensive play getting a replay! I don't recall if they have that in NCAA 10 since I BEEN traded in mine but that's something I've been hoping for in both Madden and NCAA. It's not all about great offensive plays all the time. Good to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
It's only unrealistic because you dont see it on ESPN's broadcasts. He explained that you cant get that angle in a real broadcast because it's not possible. But it's, obviously, possible to do in a video game.

I dont mind the replay angles. At all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Your only niche with it, I guess, is that you dont see it on ESPN. It's not a terrible angle, its showing what happened. I dont see why it's so bad.

And the replay looked to be highlighting an individual's play on the ball, and not the entire play. So, it seems like it was pretty realistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
I actually like that replay looked sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I'm diggin' the new replay close-up. It was different and fresh and that is what we need (along with the rest of the package of course ).

As long as there is a variety of replay angles and not just that type of close-up over and over, I'll be a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I like the way the game looked. The defensive swat was nice. The replays were good and bad. I liked the angle a lot, but I also want realistic replays at the same time. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimiami
wow that replay looks amazing
locomotion looks better then first gameplay to
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I think people only like them because everything we've been getting thus far has been crap. I think if people were to see the replays the way myself, TheWatcher and others have said they should be, they'd be just as impressed,if not more.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #37
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Its weird how I heard Big Ben Haumiller say that this year's game is going to blur the line between reality and virtual reality. What is he smoking, or is he not seeing these replays? I mean, we have gotten these unrealistic replays in games in the past, it was really lame. I think you guys are just into this years because you think its new because its supposedly ESPN. That isn't ESPN at all.

The NCAA Basketball team actually worked with ESPN on where to position certain cameras for realistic replays, because they actually wanted a REALISTIC BROADCAST.

I'd accept EA's attempt at a broadcast if they would stop saying an authentic ESPN broadcast and just say the use ESPN overlays. There would be no more arguing from me and Sage and the others.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 13

Hmmm. I'm speechless. That was ummm...different
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #39
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I can honestly say I never sat and watched a football game or any other sporting event and marveled at the replay angle. After watching the very first video EA put out, I don't know how anyone can complain about anything I've seen since.

No the replays are not true to real life, name me one other thing in a sports game that is.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I think it depends on the definition of "right." For some, "right" might be to copy what's done on TV. For others, what's "right" might be to make it look good and better than what you see on TV. Saying that "no one wants [beyond broadcast]" is ignorant as there have been a lot of people in these various threads who've said that they like the replay better than what they see on TV.

In order to disprove your point, you don't need to look further than this very thread.
I love the spin you attempted there, but no, you're wrong. Watch the videos, read their words. They are claiming that they are giving you "ESPN presentation", the videos show that they are not. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. Since they say they're giving us ESPN broadcast presentation, but they actually aren't, it would be ignorant to ignore that fact, and you're entitled to ignore it if you like, but I'll choose to stick with reality. Thanks.

As far as the "beyond broadcast" comment, you're grossly exaggerating on a simple request for better replay angles. Let's get serious. Answer this; how many people were asking for broadcast? Thousands online, easily. How many were asking for "beyond broadcast" (lol)? Can you find anything there close to the number of people asking for authentic broadcast presentation? Of course you can't because that outcry doesn't exist. I rest my case.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-26-2010 at 10:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »