Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 3
I thought the replays looked very cool. I just hope the sidelines are improved. Improve the skintones & rendering on the sideline players. No more players wearing the # 00. Not all players on the sidelines wearing the same facemask. Coaches on the sidelines. The sidelines should be interactive & more populated. Where are the players in street clothes, waterboys, assistant coaches, etc? Players on the sidelines should react to the action on the field in real time. If they could somehow improve the sidelines that would greatly improve the immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
For those of you who think that everyone wants things to mimic what's seen on TV, here are some quotes from just this very thread of people who liked the replay.
And if they'd shown angles that looked broadcast you'd probably get the same response because broadcast angles look cool, too. You're not really making the point you've convinced yourself of.

It's not a matter of the angles looking cool. I'll even agree that the angle here does look cool. But that's irrelevant. This is about whether or not their claims of delivering ESPN broadcast quality angles is being upheld. These are not ESPN broadcast angles, period. Therefore, their claim is not substantiated.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 7

As I said, that replay didn't look bad. But technically speaking, that's an angle you could see in a broadcast game. A zoom shot from the wire and then from sideline. Not a big deal. Now, if EA got creative, they could show that replay from a gopher cam looking up at the players from the field. I bet ESPN wishes they had a gopher cam. That, in my opinion, would be bad. Just because EA can do it, doesn't mean they should do it. It's a video game, so lets make a football cam where camera spins with the ball into the receivers hands? Lets not. That sort of brainstorming leads to turbo trails and fire bursts after long touchdown runs.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 13

I think the replay would have looked a lot better if they choose to zoom it out just a little bit and then started the replay a little earlier.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #45
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” coverage is produced using four production trucks. The star is an HD 53ft mobile production unit, and some 30 cameras catch every movement on and around the field. In all, ESPN’s camera complement includes seven high-speed cameras designed to offer more close-up shots of replays while eliminating motion blur.

I'm sure this applies to College Football also
http://broadcastengineering.com/news...chniques-0926/

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #46
Rookie

Falcons11497's Arena

OVR: 13
this looks really good IMO
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #47
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” coverage is produced using four production trucks. The star is an HD 53ft mobile production unit, and some 30 cameras catch every movement on and around the field. In all, ESPN’s camera complement includes seven high-speed cameras designed to offer more close-up shots of replays while eliminating motion blur.

No, your average college football telecast is nothing like Monday Night Football, it was foolish to even compare the two.

Also yeah they have 7 high speed cameras that shoot close up, but you're not getting it. Those are set cameras that are in the 7 best spots they can find. The replays shown were cameras that were magically following the guys from behind, they had no limit on where to go. In real life the camera is stuck on the tripod which is firmly on the ground. The camera guy can't magically float to catch the action.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423

It's not just the replays, it's also pre-play and post-play. None of them match what they claim. A number of games have gotten this right in the past, so it's far from an impossible feat or something. The fact that they are choosing these angles for NCAA shows that they are capable of matching broadcast, they just don't want to. Well, I wouldn't have an issue with that at all, except they're claiming to be broadcast when they're not. That's the issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »