Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
In real life the camera is stuck on the tripod which is firmly on the ground. The camera guy can't magically float to catch the action.
no but even the cameras they use on Saturday's are strong enough to get close ups similiar to what we're seeing with the NCAA 11, but like I said they don't do it because it doesn't show the audience anything about why the play was made/not made
Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #50
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
No, your average college football telecast is nothing like Monday Night Football, it was foolish to even compare the two.
Would you care to enlighten me on were every camera in a MNF/CB telecast is located, or to what degree/angle every shot is from?

If not, your post is just as foolish as mine

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 12

I can't stand the play at 1:27. The wr tries to stay in bounds and falls down and the cb swats the pass away. Just look at it, hard to explain, but it happens all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #52
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
no but even the cameras they use on Saturday's are strong enough to get close ups similiar to what we're seeing with the NCAA 11, but like I said they don't do it because it doesn't show the audience anything about why the play was made/not made
Okay obviously you aren't following me. I'm not complaining about the zoom, we have cameras that can zoom in to a guys eye and still look good. I'm talking about the fact that the camera can magically follow a guy as if he is behind him. I am saying that in real life the camera can only follow a guy from a set point. In real life the camera has to spin to keep up with the player, the unrealistic crap EA is using now just follows the person as if there is a guy with a camera running along side of him. It looks stupid.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Okay obviously you aren't following me. I'm not complaining about the zoom, we have cameras that can zoom in to a guys eye and still look good. I'm talking about the fact that the camera can magically follow a guy as if he is behind him. I am saying that in real life the camera can only follow a guy from a set point. In real life the camera has to spin to keep up with the player, the unrealistic crap EA is using now just follows the person as if there is a guy with a camera running along side of him. It looks stupid.
I'm following you completely and I'm agreeing with you on that point, but what i'm also saying is that even though a broadcast could mimic some of the stuff we're seeing in NCAA 11 like the zoom in on replays they would never actually do it because it makes no sense. I know you're not complaining about the zoom, but I am
Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 AM   #54
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I might be in the minority here, but I could honestly care less about the replays UNTIL the gameplay is good.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 24

I like how QBs don't run up to the lines anymore (as far as I could tell). I hated that. You just don't see that! Glad to see that something minor like that was worked on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 19
So the End of the Day question is, how many of you that have issues with the limited vids/info dropped thus far, plan on buying?

Just curious as to why you would drop $60 on a game that had negatives up front or why bash every aspect of the game when you do not plan on buying?

Just curious because if dev's were to say we will put it in if you write the code to integrate, 99% of us could not do it. The visuals that we see require a written code to perform, and from the example i saw for a degree in Game Programming, no simple "Yo-Yo" can do. You got to know your stuff and be good at it, thus I give these guys much respect because to take letters, numbers and symbols and create the visuals that we see on a disk is special.

I just think that many times we don't consider what's necessary to produce what we ask for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »