Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 12:59 AM   #57
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The one conclusion I have came to since reading gamer blogs, is no matter what progress the game introduces, there will always be negative as well as positive responses. What one perceives as real, another will consider unreal. What is interesting is that as a football intern at a university, many things people are asking video game developers to reproduce for the sake of REAL, most coaches are having health issues trying to get players in real life to reproduce on a regular basis.

During one practice, players debated how Madden/NCAA portray the REALISM of the game and one player who just got drafted in the top 15 of this years draft said, "If you want realism, then put the pads on and play, otherwise let the game be what it is, a video game".

I came from the generation of "10-yard Fight", so I play the game for what it is, entertainment. So I enjoy football games from where they came from and enjoy those aspects of the game that do happen in real liffe.

The game is comming along great and I'm looking forward to some football.

"Glad they included a speed slider. I hope other similiar sliders can be included to allow greater customization"
I couldn't put it no better my friend. I think some people will never be happy no matter what EA does. EA is trying there best to give us the best real looking game they can. They are maxing out the graphics already with this game engine. I'm also from old school. I say if you want to play real football. Go out in the back yard with friends and toss the pigskin around. People like us know when to love the game and accept what they do to it. I think the game is shaping up to be a great game this year. Can't wait.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 AM   #58
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I can't stand the play at 1:27. The wr tries to stay in bounds and falls down and the cb swats the pass away. Just look at it, hard to explain, but it happens all the time.
Yea I know what mean. That kind of worries me that any time the QB throws towards the sideline that the WR is going to make the two feet animation inbounds everytime. That should only be triggered on certain throws to the sideline accordingly. If that happens everytime then people are going to complain. I think it should depends on the WR awareness ratings.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:28 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Okay obviously you aren't following me. I'm not complaining about the zoom, we have cameras that can zoom in to a guys eye and still look good. I'm talking about the fact that the camera can magically follow a guy as if he is behind him. I am saying that in real life the camera can only follow a guy from a set point. In real life the camera has to spin to keep up with the player, the unrealistic crap EA is using now just follows the person as if there is a guy with a camera running along side of him. It looks stupid.
Why do you want it so realistic.?

I mean I get that the camera angle is different from a real life TV, but why wouldn't you want a different camera angles than on the TV?

I for one don't want the "exact" same thing I see on TV. I want the same gameplay as football should have, but not the exact same views and cameras.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #60
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
once again, quit the bitching about the replays not being 100% what they are on tv. Its ridiculous and petty. If ESPN and these tv stations could get replays at those angles they would love to but they can't because they only have X amount of camera people stationed at certain spots and safety wise they can't be at certain angles to get those shots.

Look at the technology ESPN loves to show off on their shows. If they could get replays like that on a consistant basis for every game you dont think they would love to? Of course they would. Remember that 360 degree camera that would spin all the way around? I guess people will always find something the bitch and moan about because the fact that you're deciding to complain about replays is laughable. Its really only 2 people that keep complaining about it while everyone else basically could care less because its something so minor.

You keep talking about things being 100% real. Its a video game, if you want something 100% real then get off your ***, go outside, strap on some pads, and play real football. Thats the only way you're going to get 100% real football.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:40 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
once again, quit the bitching about the replays not being 100% what they are on tv. Its ridiculous and petty. If ESPN and these tv stations could get replays at those angles they would love to but they can't because they only have X amount of camera people stationed at certain spots and safety wise they can't be at certain angles to get those shots.

Look at the technology ESPN loves to show off on their shows. If they could get replays like that on a consistant basis for every game you dont think they would love to? Of course they would.
I've made this point over and over. No they wouldn't. They have ability to get some of this stuff such as the ultra close up shots on replays, but they don't air them because it makes no sense to the audience.

Quote:
You keep talking about things being 100% real. Its a video game, if you want something 100% real then get off your ***, go outside, strap on some pads, and play real football. Thats the only way you're going to get 100% real football.
you guys are just not understanding this very well. EA is the one that made the claim of "authentic ESPN presentation" people are only pointing out that some of these replays do not fit that bill. Nobody is "bitching or moaning" they're only giving their opinions on the info that's released which is exactly what this board is for so if you don't like don't come here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 01:42 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I've made this point over and over. No they wouldn't. They have ability to get some of this stuff such as the ultra close up shots on replays, but they don't air them because it makes no sense to the audience.

you guys are just not understanding this very well. EA is the one that made the claim of "authentic ESPN presentation" people are only pointing out that some of these replays do not fit that bill. Nobody is "bitching or moaning" they're only giving their opinions on the info that's released which is exactly what this board is for so if you don't like don't come here.
I hope you don't mean me, because all I wanted was a reason for why you want them... and I'm guessing that is because EA promised you guys "authentic ESPN presentation".
Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 AM   #63
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55

i love how you claim they have the ability to have those replays without any proof to support that statement. They dont have the ability to do some of the things they do with the replays in the game because they dont have camera guys at every single position to catch those things.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4

Look at the technology ESPN loves to show off on their shows. If they could get replays like that on a consistant basis for every game you dont think they would love to? Of course they would. Remember that 360 degree camera that would spin all the way around? I guess people will always find something the bitch and moan about because the fact that you're deciding to complain about replays is laughable. Its really only 2 people that keep complaining about it while everyone else basically could care less because its something so minor.

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.. MY MAN JERSEY

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »