Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: New Locomotion in Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i love how you claim they have the ability to have those replays without any proof to support that statement. They dont have the ability to do some of the things they do with the replays in the game because they dont have camera guys at every single position to catch those things.
10 years working in sports television including a stint with ESPN is my proof. You don't need to have camera guys at every single postion when you own sophiscated equipment. With the cameras they have they could highlight Tim Tebow's pimples from the worst seat in the house if they wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 AM   #66
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

You guys gotta be kidding me. This doesn't concern you AT ALL. If you don't care about this then DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. I couldn't give a **** what you think is more important. The issue in my mind at the moment is the unrealstic "authentic" ESPN broadcast that I'M ALWAYS GOING TO SEE WHEN I PLAY THE GAME.

Also, that get off my *** comment, you gotta be joking. The reason I play games because I lack the talent to be a player at the college level. ****, if I could play at Autzen Stadium in real life maybe I would. But I can't, that is why I use a video game to get my thrills, and that is why I want it REAL, as if I was ACTUALLY THERE.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 AM   #67
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
hahaha you guys are amazing. Ok fine you win the replays suck.

The thing that really sucks is that its going to bother you over and over and over and over and over again as you play the game while 99.9% of the other consumers won't even think twice or care about it.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:18 AM   #68
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im going to hand out infractions if you guys dont stay on topic and stay off of eachother.

No more warnings because after this, I dont want to see any PMs whining about how its not fair
Old 04-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #69
Pro

OVR: 7

If realism isn't the goal, then why even bother modeling football players in the game at all? Why not just use Super Mario characters. They could score touchdowns, or use Mortal Combat finishing moves to score extra points. Oh, that's right. Because if it's in the game, IT'S IN THE GAME. Thus, the discussion is driven by comparing the video game with what's in real live football games.

Besides, in this context, going outside and playing football in your backyard is about as real as sitting on the couch playing football with your Wii Nunchuk controller in hand. Suuuure. Uncle Rico replays from the camcorder are just like Saturday night SEC football replays. Minus 90,000 people, goal posts, hash marks, lights, athletes...

And I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone is telling EA to sacrifice gameplay for replay angles. There are plenty of threads discussing gameplay. This is simply one thread discussing a different facet of the game. Gameplay, presentation, graphics, functionality etc. are all important. I'm not a physicist, so my opinion is limited when it comes to gameplay issues. However, I do cover college football for a living, so the visual inconsistencies of the game stand out like a sore thumb to me. Playing Uncle Rico out back doesn't exercise those demons.

Last edited by Rivals; 04-27-2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Cause grammar matters
Old 04-27-2010, 02:37 AM   #70
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
If realism isn't the goal, then why even bother modeling football players in the game at all? Why not just use Super Mario characters. They could score touchdowns, or use Mortal Combat finishing moves to score extra points. Oh, that's right. Because if it's in the game, IT'S IN THE GAME. Thus, the discussion is driven by comparing the video game with what's in real live football games.

Besides, in this context, going outside and playing football in your backyard is about as real as sitting on the couch playing football with your Wii Nunchuk controller in hand. Suuuure. Uncle Rico replays from the camcorder are just like Saturday night SEC football replays. Minus 90,000 people, goal posts, hash marks, lights, athletes...

And I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone is telling EA to sacrifice gameplay for replay angles. There are plenty of threads discussing gameplay. This is simply one thread discussing a different facet of the game. Gameplay, presentation, graphics, functionality etc. are all important. I'm not a physicist, so my opinion is limited when it comes to gameplay issues. However, I do cover college football for a living, so the visual inconsistencies of the game stand out like a sore thumb to me. Playing Uncle Rico out back doesn't exercise those demons.
Thank you.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:29 AM   #71
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

This was a thread about locomotion though... Not presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 04:58 AM   #72
Pro

The presentation video glosses over presentation and talks more about lighting. The video in this thread speaks specifically about the new replays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »